windows with no border

Hey all,

I thought I have seen techniques discussed befoer but was unable to use the search effectively. Probably all me on not typing in the right keywords and/or combo.

Anyway I am having some troubles getting a clean install on windows that do not have black border around them.

Is this where trimming all the way around the rubber gasket so that the film can tuck in behind it comes into play? Or what other techniques are used successfully and provide professional results.

The car in particular is my 1986 VW Scirocco that I recently acquired. Would pictures help if my description above is confusing?

thanks,

CZ

Guest tdmillet
Hey all,

I thought I have seen techniques discussed befoer but was unable to use the search effectively. Probably all me on not typing in the right keywords and/or combo.

Anyway I am having some troubles getting a clean install on windows that do not have black border around them.

Is this where trimming all the way around the rubber gasket so that the film can tuck in behind it comes into play? Or what other techniques are used successfully and provide professional results.

The car in particular is my 1986 VW Scirocco that I recently acquired. Would pictures help if my description above is confusing?

thanks,

CZ

trimming gaskets will help. but also limit the amount of water you use. and while squeegeeing keep the water from running in from and edge. :krazy

is there after market type gasket material that could be placed around the existing gasket edge and just over the film? while doing a 1986 chevy truck the other day, I thought that would make the install look better, but, didn't know if it was an option. thought about playing with the idea with some vinyl tape I can't find a use for.

is there after market type gasket material that could be placed around the existing gasket edge and just over the film? while doing a 1986 chevy truck the other day, I thought that would make the install look better, but, didn't know if it was an option. thought about playing with the idea with some vinyl tape I can't find a use for.

Maybe there is some kind of special spray paint that might work. If there is that would help it would just be a pain to prep.

thanx for the info thus far....

I think the best would be to remove. I will check into the expense of that but it probably is not an option right now. Maybe some of that black vinyl will workaround the edges like what some put on matrix area............. Where is the tint terrorist with his black spray paint when you need him.

If I get a chance this evening to look at it I will. We are going camping this weekend or else I would have time to tinker with it. Going to be floating the illinois river here in oklahoma.

Archived