Vette ?? for Mdog

Guest CloudWalker

Guest Litespeeds

I usually cut the holes smaller first then do my final cutting inside and get it as close as possible. Most of my customer's would rather see a small slit towards the edge than to have me remove the screws holding the struts. Maybe it has something to do with what I said. " If you tint the entire window and around the screw areas, there is a 99% chance that the film will twist when you screw the struts back on".

I used dryer sheets to shrink the back window and had to move the film off the holes to shrink those areas.

I had to admit that I have heard about some tinters doing back windows of Vette's in one piece several years back but thought it was a myth. I figured that I would try since I have mastered the dry shrink technique. To my surprise, it wasn't as hard as I thought it would be.

Guest Zrok

I use powder to shrink, then cut my holes before I put the film on, I'm one of those guys that HATES to cut anything on the inside.and I too put a small slit in the film, I just remove all attachments on that window due to the amount of obstacles on the glass. it makes it a breeze to shrink. besides, I charge more fot that car anyway, so it's worth it to me to do the extra little work. :bingo

Guest Zrok

I remove them from the glass as well as the latch, then shrink with powder, then cut holes for struts off center, then cut out window, reinstall struts on glass (leaving a relief cut in the film to go around the struts) then install the film....seems like a lot of work, but it makes this one easier to shrink with no attachments to the glass. it's probably not the right way but it's my way :shock:rollin

Archived