Vette ?? for Mdog

Guest CloudWalker

Guest CloudWalker

You are the vette man right. WHats the best way to shrink the back glass on these? I think its an '84 its got the buttons on the side and in the middle at the bottom. Looks about just like this one. Red%2084%20Vette.jpg

Edited for pic

just shrink it like normal, take the latch off and cut holes for the struts, or they will twist like hell, you can do it in 1 piece, but I do them in 3.... the center section and one piece on each side to the first defroster, just seems like its easire to me that way.

Guest Zrok

if you remove the latch and struts, baby powder shrink at usual, cut the holes for the struts OFF CENTER...as the film 'moves' when you install on the inside, cut for the latch, shrink as usual in one piece it's actually not a very hard shrink, not as hard as the new ones anyhow. have fun.

mike

Guest CloudWalker

zroke, are you saying that the baby powder is what you use on the more difficult backglasses? WHat do you normally use? Why don't you just wait until you install before cutting the holes for struts/latch?

Guest CloudWalker

yea very nice litespeed. :beer did you use dryer sheets, and why don't you wait until you install the film before you cut the circles out for the struts?

Archived