2009 Sonata

Guest Mo Evo

Guest Mo Evo

This car is just freshened so the windows are exactly the same, BUT the 3rd brakelight is right up against the rear glass, making even a bulldozer a no-go. I got it done with another long yellow tool, but just barely. Lots of jumping in and out to make sure all the air/solution is outta there!

This car is just freshened so the windows are exactly the same, BUT the 3rd brakelight is right up against the rear glass, making even a bulldozer a no-go. I got it done with another long yellow tool, but just barely. Lots of jumping in and out to make sure all the air/solution is outta there!
Monique have you ever tried using a green or yellow fin? It's a great tool for getting behind 3rd brake lights even the 09 Sonata!

DSCN1276.jpg

DSCN1277.jpg

They have a bow in them so when you sqeeze it inbetween the brake light and the film , it flattens out so you can pull and sqeegee out behind the light! The green one is soft and the yellow one is alittle bit harder. It's more of a preference on which one you like! Hope this helps you!! :thumb

Guest tintmanlibby

red devil is the way to go

There are 2 srews in the trunk to remove the light. One screw is beside the plug and the other is behind the sound barrier, just use your finger to poke a hole to access the second screw. Lift the light out but not all the way, reach underneath and remove the bulb and let it drop(it's still atached to the harness). Pull out the light and then reach in for the bulb.

When reinstalling cut off the one inch plastic nub(on the light socket) and put light socket into the light. Carefully set it back in place and tighten the screws. Takes 5 minutes total. :lol2 You'll see why you have to cut the nub, it's in the way. Been doing it this way for years :thumb

Guest beano

I love my buldozer

however the concuerer its called gets right in there (not sure on spelling, maybe conquerer) its a hard plastic with a point and a soft edge like squegee. does wonders, I always use it for the side edges on side widows as it gets right in there. or I use a 3m golg card cut diagnally

gold I mean

Archived