Sept. 1 is my big day

so as I was talking before, I'm buying out the company I used to work for. It's sort of a strange situation, but I'm buying it from my mother-in-law, so hopefuly everything is going to work out for the best as I have little money to start up and nothing to fall back on but my current job if I fail miserably.

Essentially I am getting a very well know new building smack dab in the middle of a street that is lined with car dealers of all types. I will be attempting to retain current relationships and building some more. The nice thing is about all I'm going to have to work on buying is a new glass software since I hate our current one and getting things put in my name.

So, this week starts getting things started, licensing, taxes, naming, incorporating, etc. Also need to get insurance billing set up, accounts with glass dealers and film manufacturer. I'm also writing employee handbook and job descriptions for the 4 employees I will have, what a mess. So I come to you guys who have been through this, how do you stay on task? I still have my current full-time job for 2 more weeks and will be running the new place for August or until I get everything ready for the purchase.

Any tips, hints, suggestions would be awesome.

Guest tint whisperer

get a small note book - write absolutely everything down, everything....you can't remember it all, everyday.

stay true to your goals - did you write down goals?budget? do you know what you need to do all day, everyday....

don't go cheap just for the cash...

Archived