Peeling without a set up board

Guest tdmillet

• Replies 46
  • Created
  • Last Reply

this is how I do it, most of the time, if I'm not removing the panel,it's a fast way of tinting, can knock out the sides of a four door in 20 minutes (if everything goes right)....and it comes out very clean if you've been doing it for over 15 years that way.....gotta figure, you're peeling the tint a foot away from the glass and slapping it on, not a lot of time for stuff to get on the exposed side, one thing I did notice, I only spray the glass (unless it's got that water proof coating, then I spray the tint as well....no, I don't "polish" the window first :confuse)

I have had a go at this a few times, it makes a lot of sense to be able to peel this way especially for mobile jobs... I have given up, think I will stick to my peel board..

Guest Mo Evo

My peel board is clear plexiglass with very large sponge type cushions glued to the back side, and a rubber boarder at the bottom, so I can lean it against the rear quarter panel of the car and just roll around to tint the doors. For the back glass I reverse roll it, after applying two strips of wide painters tape to the fabric headliner that's next to the top of the glass, because sometimes the brakelight gets in the way of unrolling the film and I don't want any dirt under the film should it come in contact with the headliner.

Guest 3sixtyindustries

I peel off the doors I'm not tinting, making sure they are clean too. For the fronts I usually use the rear doors swung open. For the rears I usually use the front door closed and just step backwards to apply the film. That's my mobile way!! And I also peel them upside down, seems to work all the time!!

Guest kmzeidler

Hey tdmillet I tried this and works pretty well I might say. No creases in the corner from the teeth or anything you just have to know how hard to hold it really. And its easy to peel the layer with your teeth too. Really helped me out when I don't have a peel board around.

Guest tdmillet
Hey tdmillet I tried this and works pretty well I might say. No creases in the corner from the teeth or anything you just have to know how hard to hold it really. And its easy to peel the layer with your teeth too. Really helped me out when I don't have a peel board around.

glad I could help. :rollin

Archived