Baby shampoo vs. dish washing detergent?

Guest lordofthetints

Guest thatsnappyguy

we have been through this many times. when theres a menbrane of soapy water just chillin between the tint and glass for a few days baking in the sun , what would u rather have, degreasing agents or baby tested tear free slip.

I got the perfect example...

theres a guy that I used to tint with... we used the same film...SP. I recognize the legal stickers all over the place yet can always tell if he or I tinted it b/c he always put the stickers higher than mine. these are 07' cars/trucks, and yet some of his jobs have terrible distortion problems while mine still look very good. So there we have a control b/c we used the same film. only difference is the slip solution...he used joy, I used jnj. yall can say what yall want...I know for a fact that detergents are bad for window film.

Guest lordofthetints
we have been through this many times. when theres a menbrane of soapy water just chillin between the tint and glass for a few days baking in the sun , what would u rather have, degreasing agents or baby tested tear free slip.

I got the perfect example...

theres a guy that I used to tint with... we used the same film...SP. I recognize the legal stickers all over the place yet can always tell if he or I tinted it b/c he always put the stickers higher than mine. these are 07' cars/trucks, and yet some of his jobs have terrible distortion problems while mine still look very good. So there we have a control b/c we used the same film. only difference is the slip solution...he used joy, I used jnj. yall can say what yall want...I know for a fact that detergents are bad for window film.

I have never noticed any distortion on my films, but it could be because I had nothing to compare it with. Thanks again guys, yeah, I know I should have researched a littler before starting this topic.

Guest breezie

Hay man in my experience detergent is the go for all film except security.

The "poo" will give you less slip and leave little 2 no champange behind on security film and allow the film too stick as soon as you apply pressure.

Baby shampoo isn't suitable for getting the glass really clean and tends to stick too quickly on solar and other films. Detergent will bead on the glass and go "foamy" which means the dirt will lift easily. Try a low grage comercial detergent with no amoania or sent and mix it in well.

When I fit security film I use 1 bottle to clean and a 2nd to fit, on everything else its straight up detergent. Toy around with the amount you put in untill you find what feels right, the cap on the 4lt bottles are perfect 4 measuring your mix, Peace man

Guest VOLTRON

baby shampoo, I have done alot of installs in many different situations and when tinting windows above your head or when you have to squeeze inbetween a drop ceiling and the glass to get the film to the top of the window or in cramped spaces when you have to spray above your head it is nice to not have your eyes burn from the soap solution and it has worked for me just fine for a long time.

Archived