new to the biz

Guest noah

Guest tmd325
any advice or criticizm greatly appreciated

Ask different detailers in your area and see what they are charging for ex. Clay baring a car.Also take in consideration if you are moblie. (gas) I would ask somebody that has a shop. At 2-3 Detailers

Guest Sprinter
I checked with local market and priced likewise, got tons of business and did not want the cheap business. I priced myself high, allmost out of the market. People would still call. So just pick how much money would you like to get for your time and skill?

whats a high price for vegas

$25 for just outside car $30 just outside small suv $40 outside truck/suv. I had to make it worth my while, its not worth spending time driving to places and doing in/out for $20-$25(which a lot of guys were/are doing in vegas) $15 more for inside car/small suv $20more for truck/suv for inside

Guest Shawn F.

$30 for interior and exterior or each one? This is why pro detailers cant get business when their prices are high. Most professional detailers are charging $180 and up for a full interior and exterior detail, $50 bucks for a basic wash and vac...

ohh ya,, that must be it.... :rollin I never said "pro full detail" or anything about wax.. I said WASH$25car+$15 to VACUME inside... no shampoo, no leather conditioner, no fixing ripped seats. just your basic wash/vacume. Good luck with your pro detail what kind or equipment are you using? What is most of your business? do you have contracts where you do your "pro detail" once a month? what is the bread and butter of your business? prob basic wash and vac right? :poke you cant bullsh!t someone in the biz. why dont you post a link to your web site so we can see your prices.. :poke

Guest Shawn F.

Wow now buddy. I wasn't busting your balls or anything so no need to get all pissed. I was just stating that the reason for most detail companies losing business is because of the really low priced guys that claim they do full details and do it for $50 bucks and they use Armorall. Nothing against you. As far as having to proove anything to you, I dont need to do that. As for your prices for $40 bucks for the wash and vac, if that is what you do then that is a great price.

BTW, you did NOT state that you were doing just a wash and vac, you said exterior and Interior (inside and outside). I figured Interior Detail and an Exterior Detail. Here is why and here is what you said: "$25 for just outside car $30 just outside small suv $40 outside truck/suv. I had to make it worth my while, its not worth spending time driving to places and doing in/out for $20-$25(which a lot of guys were/are doing in vegas) $15 more for inside car/small suv $20more for truck/suv for inside"

As for what I use as far as equipment and materials.. I use a catch mat (which here you dont need to catch the runoff but I do anyways), extractors, vapor steamer, I use ONR on cleaner cars where I only need to use 2 quarts of water, basic shop vacs, carpet cleaner, etc etc.

Thanks!

well you assumed what you wanted, no website for us to check out huh? The clasic "I dont have to prove anything to you" You were busting my balls calling me out... I bet your are/would be one of the "I NEVER TINT LIMO ALL AROUND" I call BS!!! But your right, I bet it would be hard to charge $200+ with out even a web page so they can see what your all about.. Good luck.. And Im happy to see that MOST of your business comes from basic wash/vac.. Whatever hope you had a happy thanksgiving (thankfull were all working)

Archived