shaving ended up in crooked edges of tint

I use the same thing to shave.... while the film is still wet... just keep practicing....

I don't know how dull my blade is.. but I have used the same blade for going on 2 years now...

to me, this is F@*ked up.

How is that ??? The Xacto blade is still pretty sharp (glass makes a great sharpening device), I don't mean I shave before pushing out the water... but I don't give the film any special time to dry.... pretty much as soon as the water is pressed out it's shaved and then rolled up to finish installing bottom half....

How is that messed up ??

I change blades every car. :thumb maybe im shaving some mesed up way. I havent been shaving too long. but it still seems so weird. :thumb

• Replies 23
  • Created
  • Last Reply

it so happened that I dropped my xacto to the ground blade first (good thing my foot wasnt there). so I switched to a new blade. obviously, I used a new blade for my shave. I also did two-three passes until I dont get a hair like film anymore.

BUT I still don't get it... why do some people prefer a dull/used blade over a new one and still get perfect results? what is it achieved with a dull blade?

I don't know if it's a 'dull blade' .... mostly because glass is probably one of the BEST sharpening devices known... Get yourself a old bulb out of a street light and sharpen your pocket knife on it.. you will get the BEST edge ever!

It's more a well used blade...

Archived