2008 Jaguar XKR..Tinting Opinions

Guest thompsonrj

Guest thompsonrj

I've been reading a number of threads on this site while doing research and appreciate the info as well as humour contained in many of the posts. I am canvassing for opinon before I step into a shop and get bombarded with questions I can't yet answer. From your point of view, I would think you prefer this type of client.

Moving to Florida early next month and just ordered the new Jaguar XKR in liquid silver. In the brochure, it appears that some of the windows are tinted and it really sets off the chrome on the sides. The other benefits of UV protection and heat reduction are also of importance. Before I proceed, I had a few questions:

1. Any idea what % this is from this link: http://www.leftlanenews.com/cars/image_enl...aguar-xkr-coupe
  2. What % would you recommend purely from an asthetics perspective? 50,l 35, 20, mix? Any particular color and quality? I saw an silver Aston Martin Vantage on this site with Advantage ADN 35 that looked nice but don't know enough to know if the specific lighting, angles, etc made it look attractive to me.
  3. Can anyone recommend a shop in S. Florida who has experience working on cars such as this.

Enjoyed the site and thanks for any thoughts on the above.

RJ

Guest 1reddime

From that particular picture I would say they are dark as heck already, 5% for sure on the sides (It maybe just the angle of the pic though),

I personally would leave it alone!

Thats a sweet friggin ride, and Im not a huge fan of Jags..

Guest Sunlimited

Where in S Fl, I could set you up with something in Boynton Beach or West Palm Beach. That pic looks dark, definitly not legal, FL is 28 front doors and 15 rear, we have plenty of options with films for more aesthetics, to great solar heat reducing films.

Guest darkdan

No doubt, keep it classy instead of looking ghetto.

Something like a ceramic 35~% all around! High heat rejection, high quality, unique appearance perfect for a silver car.

Is he talking about this car right here:

astonmartinadvantageadn35.jpg?

Guest thompsonrj

Thanks for the feedback and I agree the idea is to keep it classy and not ghetto. I like the two Jag photos below of 70% and 20% but trying to figure out the difference between the 50% and 35%. Anyone have any photos of these levels in a silver Jag or similar car? As for the below, that is the Aston I was referring to and someone good in WPB would be helpful.

Final question, what to do with the front windshield? Would you put 50% on as well or leave that OEM?

Guest darkdan
As for the below, that is the Aston I was referring to

I figured it was. My brother tinted it and it's on our website.

I get calls all the time from people around the country asking me about Advantage ADN. Apparently, our website is the only place on the internet you can find pics of cars done in Advantage ADN.

Why they call me and never him I just don't understand. I guess it's because my phone number comes first.

Archived