Consistency

Guest darkdan

I think they should be allowed 35% on the fronts, which is safe, offers heat rejection, and UV protection for them.

However, I agree that since they patrol to "maintain a presence" I believe we should be able to see them. After all, they are supposed to be our friendly neighborhood police and not Gestapo harassment force they've been seen as recently.

Guest hometheaterman

I agree I think a 35% or so would be fine all around however I don't see why they can have blacked out windows yet the average Joe can't. As for the danger when seeing out at night guess what? They have the same danger the average person does. They can't see out any better than anyone else. As for them not being able to see in I agree they do need to be able to see in. However, I think we also need to be able to see into their car. Across the US how many crooked police officers are there? I know there are some so why should we just trust them? Because they are the police. I really do not feel safe not being able to see what they are doing. I think something needs to be done in all states outlawing them from having the windows all black. I can see even allowing the rear ones dark so that you can't see who is in the back. I can understand that but no reason the front ones need to be any darker than 35%.

Archived