1991 Camaro

coolzone

that back glass doesnt even require shrinking to apply in one pc. the bottom corners may try to lift early in the install but that window can be tinted without heat, just a little patience.

I have tinted hundreds of those back in thelate 80s early 90s. NO heat shrink needed. I would remove the plastic panel at the bottom to keep trash out. I used alot of soap and pushed out the air with my hands first.

PS I just read that post and remembered I have seen an aftermarket glass on that car that was shaped different. The glass with defroster came from factory- did alot with them the same way- good luck!

• Replies 35
  • Created
  • Last Reply

That year model there are lines at the top not dot matrix and they tend to peel sometimes so I use steelwool and basicly sand the lines so the film adheres better! And I agree that that car hardly needs any shrinking (maybe alittle at the top and go for it) I'll take one latch off , blue max it , put the latch back on then do the other side! Get's it out of my way and makes it easier to squeegee! :rollin

No defrost lines so probably after market but it does have lines across the top instead of matrix. Will hopefully be giving it another shot this weekend. Maybe I will just try shrinking closer to the top as suggested. I know I came the closest to getting the film on when I did not shrink at all. Thanks all, hopefully Saturday evening will be another shot at it.

Hey all thanks for the help.

I did not want to but I ended up doing the back glass in 2 pieces. It worked well, not how I wanted it but at least there is tint around the whole car. I am going to try this window again. Not sure when though. Thanks for those that helped me out on this project.

Guest fast89rs@gmail.com

man I feel you I tred something similar except had the cheap tint gila, try to shrink that stuff its a joke in my opinion.

Guest Tilderdine

How is this stretched? is it during  the install or on the outside ofthe glass after it is cut? I am trying to tint this and it is not going well. I almost have it without heat shrinking, but I am getting a lot of fingers and I end up creasing the film. Someone said to not heat shrink and start at the bottom corners first. Do I leave the fingers on the outside of t he glass before install or do I try and smooth it out across the glass before install? Any help is appreciated.

Thanks,

Archived