Why tint laws

Guest TLE

why cant blind people drive ? cause they might crash and kill people,

most tint laws are a bit strict as far as darkness of tint and in the USA in some states with no tint on front wind ups ,

it is for peoples safety and yes also so police officers know if the driver has a shotgun pointed at their face when they approach a vehicle.

some countries and states will have stricter laws than others some might not have laws regarding tint, in sydney here in australia we have the laws of passenger vehicles like sedans , hatches suv's etc can have no darker than 35% VLT on all windows of the car and the windscreen is not allowed tint except for a tint strip 10% in size of the whole window.

Although I notice a lot of brand new cars with 15% on all windows behind the driver and 35% - 50 % on the driver and passenger wind ups (this is technically !llegal) but theres so many vehicles around like that it is unlikely to get a ticket for it , really here in NSW Australia you ahve to be driving like a fool or speeding to get pulled over then they may issue a ticket for your window tint being too dark , in many cases ive seen police officers comment on 5% tint saying it is too dark but they have not issued any tickets for it.

it is best to stick to the laws if its your own vehicle then tint it how you want it but be prepared to be fined for it or the small likelyhood of voiding an insurance claim if the tint is deemed to of caused an accident.

What is the reason for the tint laws I hear it is for cops saftey but not sure.

:rollin

what is the reason for speed laws?

what is the reason for alcohol limit laws?

etc etc etc. I mean, c'mon....I am not tryin to be an :rollin but are you serious?

or am I going to get another "so what...we cant discuss tint laws here now?? WTF dude?" :rollin

No I just wanted to see what people say on it. all laws are not the same like drinking and driving I would not compare to having to dark of tint, also I live in PA and are laws are 70% what's the point they should tell you not to put any on.I understand for cops saftey but maybe they should just let you have tint and make a LAW THAT YOU HAVE TO PUT YOUR WINDOWS DOWN WHEN YOU GET PULLED OVER if not you will be fined even more.

So what do you use when your tinting.because if you tell people that they can only have 70% they ask for 20% so do I do it for them, and tell them if they get pulled over it's on them

What is the reason for the tint laws I hear it is for cops saftey but not sure.

:lol

what is the reason for speed laws?

what is the reason for alcohol limit laws?

etc etc etc. I mean, c'mon....I am not tryin to be an :lol6 but are you serious?

or am I going to get another "so what...we cant discuss tint laws here now?? WTF dude?" :lol

speed kills...alcohol kills...tint does not kill. you can buy a van or suv or truck with like 20% on back half that darker than legal in most areas. so what is the law saying the person in the back seat cant shoot the cop? cmon. I can wear dark sun glasses and drive right? There is a time when its just stoopid dark yes but other than than get real law makers.

Archived