hard to please customers

Ive got a mate who tells people I tint and today I get a call from his friend wanting mirror tint (!llegal) now I tryed talking him out of it and told him its !llegal and the only supplier I can get it from is a bottom of the line supplier, anyway he wants some sort of warrenty with it .. I said if it bubbles il replace it but I havent seen this particular film bubble before but there wont be a written warrenty I explained theres no warrenty with !llegal jobs.

anyway he has film on the car already and I quoted him $50 to remove it (3 year old toyota pickup) he says its cant be that hard il take it off myself, so is aid ok whatever , so next week I mightbe doing this job purely because I am fighting for work , I dont like doing 1llegal work and I dont like mirror tint full stop.

who else gets customers like this ? I cant wait untill im up and running smoothly and dont have to take this sh!t work on.

what would you guys do witha potential customer like this ?

Ive got a mate who tells people I tint and today I get a call from his friend wanting mirror tint (!llegal) now I tryed talking him out of it and told him its !llegal and the only supplier I can get it from is a bottom of the line supplier, anyway he wants some sort of warrenty with it .. I said if it bubbles il replace it but I havent seen this particular film bubble before but there wont be a written warrenty I explained theres no warrenty with !llegal jobs.

anyway he has film on the car already and I quoted him $50 to remove it (3 year old toyota pickup) he says its cant be that hard il take it off myself, so is aid ok whatever , so next week I mightbe doing this job purely because I am fighting for work , I dont like doing 1llegal work and I dont like mirror tint full stop.

who else gets customers like this ? I cant wait untill im up and running smoothly and dont have to take this sh!t work on.

what would you guys do witha potential customer like this ?

when it sounds like trouble on the front end.... it is always trouble after, well not always but alot :drevil

Stan

I manned up and told the customer I could not do the job, I gave him another tinters number who I know who may do it but yeh I feel better for it, if only the legal jobs could come flowing in haha. word of mouth is going aright though I have 5 cars lined up in the next week or so purely by word of mouth.

I manned up and told the customer I could not do the job, I gave him another tinters number who I know who may do it but yeh I feel better for it, if only the legal jobs could come flowing in haha. word of mouth is going aright though I have 5 cars lined up in the next week or so purely by word of mouth.

Nice one mates. Hold you ground and keep you head high Keep pluggin:beer

Guest filmslayer

:drevil You just saved more $$$ by doing that ,than you would of got by doing ! Asprin gets exspensive for those headaches....

:drevil You just saved more $$$ by doing that ,than you would of got by doing ! Asprin gets exspensive for those headaches....

:drevil yup

what are your hardest custys? 300 series Bemer owners for me :drevil

:twocents You just saved more $$$ by doing that ,than you would of got by doing ! Asprin gets exspensive for those headaches....

:twocents yup

what are your hardest custys? 300 series Bemer owners for me :poop

teenagers- boys and girls who always get there way. LOL. Cannot be talked to or reasoned with. Had one that held both hands over her ears and turned in circles and said- EEEEEEEEE!!!!!! I am dead serious. :twocents

things are turning around after the other day on saturday I tinted anew toyota hilux dual cab legally and I went up the coast about an hour and a half away last night and got 2 cars up there to do soon, id prefer to stay local but 2 cars is enough profit to make the trip currently anyway whilst im getting the ball rolling.

so far the toughest customers are young people who want everything for nothing and the ones who are know it alls and think that the price I quote is too high just for sticking some plastic on some glass. my pricing is competitive id like tos ee the look on their faces when they go to a franchised tint shop who charges a hell of a lot more.

Archived