clean enviroments/no sweat/microfiber towels

"We" The window tinters have the most dirty "est" jobs. Cleaning glass. we are professinal window cleaners, We are working with germs, dirt, mud, paint, pet hair,dog slobber,kids hand prints, dust bunnys, cigarette tar making dam well shure that we are working like "SURGEON"S". Cleanliness is next to Godliness. The best work sold today "CLEAN GLASS" in the tinting world. always looking for any problems with the glass and the frames that surrond them. finding cracked or scrached glass and double pains with impurities between the pains that will complicate things. Its allways good to let the customer know the prob's, and a breif discription in my paper work to cover any problems in the future. My best work is in clean air purifide area's, where I don't have no problems at all. I have a 1 speck rule "NO SPECS". Best sales ever. "IM NOT HAPPY THE CUSTOMER NOT HAPPY" My customers sell the work for me, The boss just bids them and would end up doing both of their neighbors homes, they would see my work truck in the drive way and will come knocking on the door looking for me, and I'm just handing out cards. I have customers with fresh tint on their cars from in town tinters/hak's dirty tinted glass with the tint pealing, crimps and fingers. Their 99$ tint jobs come to me and ends up costing them 100$ for removal and tint for 169$ for a 2 door car,I will wip the panels with a MICROFIBER TOWEL, and I will protect the film buy taping the felt. dont trust nothing that's in my, way. And wiil shave the mustang's and corvette's for free. and still getting a lot of sport cars with framless windows. my frends want me to tint their cars at there home. I would have 100 dirt specs in my work, "BIG NO NO" and tell them sorry, that they need to bring their car to the shop and will tint it there. professinal tint jobs = SALES. I happen to be working in a air conditioned booth and don't even break a sweat, keeping the customers car clean and no sweating in there cars. By the time that I cut and shrink the film, the shop is pure=clean air and I can start applying film. peeling the liner of the film while on the back glass and not have a single speck and no prob's. A clean tint job The car comes in clean and the car goes out clean, buy using MICROFIBER TOWELS and spritzing with acohol works great cleaning the body panels from the soap/water marks. Dirty cars comes in the glass is clean going out. I perfer the car to be clean before tinting. "BUT". The customers want professinal tinting. If I do their home, they will send me their cars. And doing their cars, they want the house done. I would be the first contractor in their new emty home no and it"s pure and clean of dirt. "I just love it" I will also ask the customer that the home needs to be closed up and pure just like a paint booth, and to run the air conditioner at least 2 cycles or a 1/2 hour, before putting up the first piece of film always making sure that the customer is able to keep me comfortable and kool keeping my pace, without the heat slowng me down. working in front of the sunny glass will heat me up even working in a 75 degree home. ready to move to the shady side of the home. Going to the next home we still look fresh and clean, florida rooms a must to be kool. I will always call the customer 1/2 hour before I get there letting them know the room must be cool. so working in clean and cool places works out great. Now working in dirty places. I get into dirty construction sites and heavy equipment my best freind is the "MICROFIBER TOWEL". helps me clean and detail all areas around the glass 2"- 4" making sure that my area is pure and clean, putting up black out and hurrican/pressure sensitive films. dont want to lose the film from impurities. I dont have no choice but to be extra clean using the "MICROFIBER TOWELS" great for scrubing and cleaning, "A BIG PANE" no fun at all. Now removing drapes and blinds also no fun lots of lint and dust bunny's, always doing a rain dance using my pump up sprayer using a fine mist pointing up in the air adding moisture in and around my work area. tamming the dibries in the area. Hardwood floors allways use a blanket. u can see all the lint and dust flying in the air and the water will force it all to the ground. "AGAIN" use blankets, customers will thank u for protecting their floors. Triming rubbers are easy, u are able to hide your tint lines. removing silicone from the glass and fram no fun at all, making sure that all the silicone is removed using an olfa, and a "PICK" will work great removing silicone. Using a triumph/6" razer final glass cleaning removing dirt, dust, hair and lint/dust bunneys" 1/2' thick on the window sills, or a smokers home blade the glass and the tar and nicateen falling on the sill making a mess on the wall, allways use towels on the sills to catch all the water and dirt/dibriseare. finallwip with a MICROFIBER TOWEL removing any silicone from the glass before u squeege. "AGAIN" always do a rain dance in your work area to tame all the plutaints in the room before aplying film. making sure that the floor has a dew of water on the concret floors to allow u to do your work. and put down a blanket or 2, to cut film out of the box, keeping your film clean. when cleaning fake colonial windows with the grids u will need a tooth brush to scrub between the glass and the grids making sure that the glass and grids are pure. I had many prob's years ago and no more specs in my film on the flat glass. and the aluminum jelosy windows, 100 yr's old I will use my olfa or if they are that dirty I pull out the little screw driver and chiorboy scruber. you are selling the finished product and your workmanship, very nasty, and this is where we seperate the boys from the men. the harder/longer the work the higher the price. dont give your work away. the boss was spendin to much money on paper towels, used them on the sills and cleaning the glass. swiched to puttin towels on the sills to catch the water, silacon, and dirt. and using microfiber towels to help clean the glass, I will still use extra water to flush the sides of my glass, on the cars and flat glass. We are thinking GREEN.

Shouldn't it be....seperate the men from the boys? I had to walk away from the screen for a little while after reading that, kept getting double vision.

Use shammies (<----spelling??) instead of towels on the sills. They are a lot easier to deal with than a soaked towel.

Im not sure why he wrote that :poke

Archived