frosting or etching

I looked at a commerical job yesterday.....the windows have about 144 3 in by 3.5 in panes of glass......inside the there is a rectangle of about 14 if these panes that are clear but are beveled glass...I was going to clear frost them till I went to the site and saw that the bevel is on the inside and film in not applicable.....

anyone know of a way to frost them with out sand blasting them...or painting them....it is in an office building....I was looking for a glass etching maybe liquid....maybe like when they put a vin id on glass....there are about 380 if these small panes....I was going to tint them for 10 buck each...I told them id look into another option.....thanks john

Guest General Sun Shield
why not use vinyl?

:lol2 I wrap the edges of conference room glass at the glass shop(pre installation of glass) with vinyl's quite often. It will lay on a beveled edge.

Just did some vinyl etch today of a tropical scene. Only thing is, it works best with wet application and paper premask needs to be completely dry before removing. Then I did 3.5 hours of scraping purple tint off a few hundred feet of glass for retint tomorrow. Hopefully I can feel my numb fingers tomorrow.

thanks for the suggestions....vinyl would be tough as there are alot of bevels and they bevel around the entire edge...like at the edge it is lower that the middle.....im going to try and get something to etch them...the wipe on wipe off stuff.....any particular brand?

Archived