newbie with little exp starting out

Guest craig.tobin

Guest scottydosnntkno
A good practise technique I have new guys do when there learning how to cut roll down windows is take the last 3 or 4 feet left on a roll and put it on a roll down window, roll the window down and just cut the top edge! Slide the film up an inch and cut it again and repeat this till you run out of film! This gets you familar with cutting a good clean edge! And your using film that normally you can't use on a car anyway! Keep practising and keep asking questions! Good luck!! :twocents

That also depends on the type of film you use too. With SG, I use every bit of film down to the part stuck to the core with absolutely no issues at all, whereas some films I've used in the past the last 5 feet have core marks on them, so it all depends on the type of film. Personally I still practice with the scraps from the side windows and back window. Even a 2" wide piece of film is big enough to practice cutting an edge with. And if its only 1' long, its still better than no practice.

perfect example of great guys right here!!!! all the guys that posted on this page are great guys.usually people try to run u off and crap but I can vouge for every guy on here that this is a great place for questions and answers.these guys have helped me much.I started out as a young punk ( you can prolly ask lil if he remembers) haha sorry ..but after that alls these guys have helped me through explanation.im still learning but I know if I ever have questions come to the forum..these guys are great.gotta give respect to get it!!! good luck starting up and enjoy!!!

perfect example of great guys right here!!!! all the guys that posted on this page are great guys.usually people try to run u off and crap but I can vouge for every guy on here that this is a great place for questions and answers.these guys have helped me much.I started out as a young punk ( you can prolly ask lil if he remembers) haha sorry ..but after that alls these guys have helped me through explanation.im still learning but I know if I ever have questions come to the forum..these guys are great.gotta give respect to get it!!! good luck starting up and enjoy!!!

:headbang This is a very helpful site.

Archived