Good News From Washington D.C.

Guest tintgod
Obama gave us a great marketing tool.....He has extended the bill bush put into effect in 2006 to 2011 and increased the rebate to $1500 for using energy efficient home improvemnents.....WooHoo!

does window film apply?

Guest thatsnappyguy

window film saves energy in homes, which decreses energy used for heating and cooling. start advertizing because people want the government to pay for stuff so it might as well be thier tint.

Guest Dave Lewis

The rebate is not as good as it sounds.

If I remember correctly the rebate is 10% of material cost only, labor isn’t included.

Then there is the issue of the customer knowing what your material and labor costs are.

In order for the customer to get the rebate your invoice has to be broken down into material and labor. :lol2

First off it's a TAX CREDIT..... That is nothing less than money in your pocket... this does not reduce your 'taxable amount' this is a direct diduction as to what you owe... it 'was' up to 500.00..

I don't know about anyone else... but I would love to put 500 bucks in my pocket....

Yes it was/is 10 of the materials... big deal... So you write up an invoice and figure break out 10% of it as labor cost and let your customer enjoy some well deserved money back.....

First off it's a TAX CREDIT..... That is nothing less than money in your pocket... this does not reduce your 'taxable amount' this is a direct diduction as to what you owe... it 'was' up to 500.00..

I don't know about anyone else... but I would love to put 500 bucks in my pocket....

Yes it was/is 10 of the materials... big deal... So you write up an invoice and figure break out 10% of it as labor cost and let your customer enjoy some well deserved money back.....

I think you may have to furnish a copy of your invoice showing how much you actually paid for material. Not something I'd want to do.

I think you may have to furnish a copy of your invoice showing how much you actually paid for material. Not something I'd want to do.

Not true...You just have to write on the invoice your labor charge and film charge. I always make it so the film is 90% of the total cost to help the cutomer out and get the most out of the rebate. They know how the game is played..

Not true...You just have to write on the invoice your labor charge and film charge. I always make it so the film is 90% of the total cost to help the cutomer out and get the most out of the rebate. They know how the game is played..

Wow! sure hope that doesn't come back to haunt you. Regardless of the amount I believe that would be considered tax fraud. Oh thats right won't matter now, the new treasury secretary didn't pay his for a couple of years :twocents damn turbo tax

Guest Dave Lewis

:twocents No big deal until your customer get audited for some reason, then the IRS comes back on you for fraud because everybody knows no one charges 10% for labor.

somehow I don't believe you or I would get the same treatment our new treasury secretry received

Archived