Georgia Tint Law

Guest madmike30269

Guest madmike30269

HI Folks:

My son was given a ticket for windows being too dark. I called local police and talked to a deputy and he said that GA LAW only requires that the driver and the passenger windows in the front to meet the tint law. Reading through here it looks like many think it applies all around the vehicle. Does anyone know for sure?

Mike

Mike- In GA it depends on the vehicle type. Generally speaking, on cars you must have at least 32% vlt on all side and rear windows while on a van, truck, or suv, the 32% vlt law applies to the 2 front doors. We have a good law here, if only installers wouldn't break the law. After the !llegal film is installed, law enforcement will use this as a reason enough for a traffic stop. Worst case scenario is to be involved in an accident where someone is hurt. The potential liability is tremendous.

keep in mind , there is always going to be someone tinting a car dark in a back yard for cheap , I had a lady come in who got a ticket and her car had NO TINT !! Half of the police have dark tint on personal cars and other half don't know what legal tint looks like

Archived