gluing dots

Ive written a thread about it Look here

thanks, didnt find that thread whilst searching,

ive bought some of that now, I'll have a go - never glued dots before.

Will the film get contaminated whilst pulling it off again around the whole window or doesnt it matter as the glue descuises it.

I never get contaminations by glueing a window. After squeegiing 10-15min. break :drevil

hen carefully peel the dot area off, get the glue behind the film another round squeegiing and voilla "done"

• Replies 20
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest naughtydog
Ive written a thread about it Look here

thanks, didnt find that thread whilst searching,

ive bought some of that now, I'll have a go - never glued dots before.

Will the film get contaminated whilst pulling it off again around the whole window or doesnt it matter as the glue descuises it.

I never get contaminations by glueing a window. After squeegiing 10-15min. break :lol

hen carefully peel the dot area off, get the glue behind the film another round squeegiing and voilla "done"

Do you not find it a little messy? How do you apply it? With a small paint brush?

I have tried it a few times, the results are good but I have had a few hit and miss results.

I did one car with heavy dots and the glue seemed to discolour badly in the matrix area. Maybe do a little video for the boys on your method.

Thanks

ND

Guest stick-R

Will this work fine on the thin matrix areas that run all the way around rear windows too....

I know there only 5 dots deep or so but it still leaves a whiteish line round the window doesnt it...

sorrry dude whats messy with it, the glue is in a dispenser! you put the glue behind the film and start with a hardcard wrapped in paper towell,

to squegee the the glue that is too much out of the film. I never have any issues with that method. :lol

Guest naughtydog
sorrry dude whats messy with it, the glue is in a dispenser! you put the glue behind the film and start with a hardcard wrapped in paper towell,

to squegee the the glue that is too much out of the film. I never have any issues with that method. :lol

I will have to disagree there...imagine something like an X5 - I have glued all the dots on these and it came out really nice. To do it propely you would have to remove a lot of interior trim.

I used to use a syringe with an angled nozzle, much more accurate that the dispenser that comes with the pritt glue.

It looked amazing but must have added an hour to the job.!

The guy brought it back...there was a tint bubble in the glue on one window...

to squegee the the glue that is too much out of the film. I never have any issues with that method. :welcome

I will have to disagree there...imagine something like an X5 - I have glued all the dots on these and it came out really nice. To do it propely you would have to remove a lot of interior trim.

I used to use a syringe with an angled nozzle, much more accurate that the dispenser that comes with the pritt glue.

Yes :dunno the idea with the syringe is great but what I did I heated the dispenser that its closed on the front and put a smaller hole with a hot needle in it sideways ! and its ok like this.

Guest naughtydog

Obi

Do you glue every car?

How long do you think it adds to the job?

Do customers ever compalin about the look from the inside?

Lets take an Audi A4 Avant for example - would you remove the trim for the rear tailgate(hatch) to glue the dots as I don't think it can be done otherwise or do you only glue big areas like the top of a 3 series BMW rear screen?

MFG

ND

to squegee the the glue that is too much out of the film. I never have any issues with that method. :welcome

Yes :dunno the idea with the syringe is great but what I did I heated the dispenser that its closed on the front and put a smaller hole with a hot needle in it sideways ! and its ok like this.

Obi

Do you glue every car?

Lets take an Audi A4 Avant for example - would you remove the trim for the rear tailgate(hatch) to glue the dots as I don't think it can be done otherwise or do you only glue big areas like the top of a 3 series BMW rear screen?

MFG

ND

Nono :hmmm I do not clue every car .... only on highend cars and if the custy want it done like this. its a option in my shop. and some cars dont need that special treatment couse the film tacs perfect. like opels, but do not on some Mercedes like the e class.

it depends on cars and custys ! is it a dealer .... or a custy that comes often and bring friends cars then I do clueing

Guest naughtydog

Back to the question..."Lets take an Audi A4 Avant for example - would you remove the trim for the rear tailgate(hatch) to glue the dots"

??

Obi

Do you glue every car?

MFG

ND

to squegee the the glue that is too much out of the film. I never have any issues with that method. :thumb

Yes :tantrum the idea with the syringe is great but what I did I heated the dispenser that its closed on the front and put a smaller hole with a hot needle in it sideways ! and its ok like this.

Nono :eye I do not clue every car .... only on highend cars and if the custy want it done like this. its a option in my shop. and some cars dont need that special treatment couse the film tacs perfect. like opels, but do not on some Mercedes like the e class.

it depends on cars and custys ! is it a dealer .... or a custy that comes often and bring friends cars then I do clueing

Archived