Unbreakable demo kit

Hi guys.

Im currently sat at an energy exhibiition conference as I type this, promoting our heat rejection film products and we brought along a small security film sample applied to a piece of glass and we have got a line of people here trying to break it, the glass is smashed obviously but the film coating it cant be penetrated. This is giving us a great opportunity to sell all sorts of our products.

We have seen a demo of a pane of glass, I think it was a demo by Llumar where it was being hit with a baseball bat and the glass would even shatter no matter how hard it was hit.

Here is the vid link - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=V9ff8uBur5c

Do any of you guys know where we could get a demo kit like this for our next exhibition? We realise the demo is a little unrealistic in the real world as special glass is used, but its a great tool to get people over in order to sell our other films!

Thanks

I can remember making my own...we had a friend in a glass shop that had alot of rear windows out of pick-up trucks. we made a door out of wood that we could slide the tinted rear glass into it and demo it. we used 7mil on both sides so that the glass so it wouldnt go everywhere when it broke. the door was made out of wood and we used a piece of ply wood for the spacer in the center. we broke so many b-g's that day and sold alot---"ALOT" of jobs off the demo at the show.

you just have to remember that the glass expands after it breaks

in the video the glass didnt break, none of us even know what type of glass it is or film even? we do realize that it takes tricks for it not to break!

Guest DarkMage

These window film demos are very frustrating for us customers. I've watched all the videos on youtube and other sites and none of them say what glass or thickness of glass was used.

Guest obxtint

It seems to me that one of the major film brands,

I can't remember there name, mmm let me think,

Just can't think of it, should have written a sticky note.

Seems to me, you should market your product in a manner

that will suit the situations in which it will be applied to.

Maybe I read the tread wrong but it seems your trying to show your film will do

something that it will not do in "Normal" circumstances. Seems miss-leading to me.

Maybe I read the tread wrong but it seems your trying to show your film will do

something that it will not do in "Normal" circumstances. Seems miss-leading to me.

:lol2

If you want to misslead your customers why don't you just use a piece of acrilic...

:lol2:lol2

But - by the way. Now in Youtube is BSF clip - I posted it here - seems there are both side installation....

that is an amazing show,,, what happens after you install this film on your customers house, he has friends over and grabs a baseball bat and show off the new thing he got and the out come is the broken glass 36"x71".... How do we answer that phone call???

That's a BS misleading video. Sure the window can withstand several blows from a baseball bat before it penetrates through the film but in the real world the glass is going to shatter on the first blow no matter how thick mil you put on it...That is for normal glass, which is not what's in the video..

Archived