cold weather

tintmor, +1

Few years ago I have tinted my friends car... We work in the garage there temp was +5-7C... Outside was -25C :thumb

When we finished and take car outside, water between film and glass just freeze'up :cool

It was very funny to look :cool Tinted window, with a huge piece of ice on it :film

We left car in the garage, and in a few days tint gets back to normal...

Guest scottydosnntkno
That is why I stopped tinting in the severe cold. I tinted one of my own cars cold. I couldn't drive the damn thing for a week cause I had frost under my tint (not the kind you can scrape off). I do use a hard card, but I didn't want this to happen to my customers.

It stayed frosted for about a week. I just let it sit, and it did eventually melt and then dry. To my surprise, you couldn't see any indication of the frost afterwards.

I tint the cars in the winter with no problems. Of course the water is going to freeze, since it is water after all. Just tell the customers to not roll them down for 5-7 days instead of 2-3. It also helps to take 5mins/window and go over the whole thing slowly with the heat gun, it helps to dry out the film.

Archived