cold weather

done a lincoln ls the other day when it was like high 50's out. the next day was colder than a biatch, like 25 most of the morning. guy comes back and says his windows bubbled. sure enough water bubbles all over his windows. would cold weather cause this? when it left the day before it looked good.

it has to dry. When the tempature drops below freezing the moisture under the film freezes, he has to give it time to warm up and dry out, no big deal just do a good job getting out as much of the water as you can.

Guest scottydosnntkno

that happens all the time up here. you can tint it when its -10 out, and the windows will still be fine. Its just going to take longer for the film to dry out. Even in warm weather, it looks good when it leaves, but once parts start to tack up, it forces the water to other areas, so you have water bubbles in those areas. you should make up a sheet like I have that has basic cleaning info, what to expect, and what happens for the first week or two to the windows.

tell the guy to stop biatching and it will be fine

well thats kinda what I wanted to tell him but I kinda felt bad cause it was all over the window. he said he was going to texas this weekend so hopefully its warmer there than here and some of it will dry out. cool thanks guys.

Guest scottydosnntkno

well thats kinda what I wanted to tell him but I kinda felt bad cause it was all over the window. he said he was going to texas this weekend so hopefully its warmer there than here and some of it will dry out. cool thanks guys.

maybe next time use a bluemax or clear max or something harder to get out as much water as you can. Personally, I only turbo the sides, and bmax the back glass. Generally, the sides can get a lot of water bubbles, but the customer can deal with it, because its part of not rolling their windows down for 5-7 days when its cold. If their not rolling them down, it doesnt matter if theres water bubbles. Afterall, you do use water to apply the tint, and should explain that to them.

That is why I stopped tinting in the severe cold. I tinted one of my own cars cold. I couldn't drive the damn thing for a week cause I had frost under my tint (not the kind you can scrape off). I do use a hard card, but I didn't want this to happen to my customers.

It stayed frosted for about a week. I just let it sit, and it did eventually melt and then dry. To my surprise, you couldn't see any indication of the frost afterwards.

Archived