2005 Toyota Avalon, Llumar ATC

Guest sr20det

Guest sr20det

I have a 2005 Toyota Avalon Limited and am looking to have it tinted. The guy I trust (Scott from Blackout, Milwaukee) will be using Llumar 35% ATC, so there won't be any interference on the Nav system. My car has the factory green solar glass.

I have 2 questions

-Will the Llumar ATC 35% tint highlight the green solar glass? I want my windows to look as deep gray as possible, not have a greenish gray look. My buddy had his GTI tinted with SunTek and it looks very green even though it was just 35% Gray film.

-Is the Llumar ATC doing well as far as color stability? I know its a relatively newer film, as I searched. I know Llumar is a good name, all my cars have been tinted in Llumar and I only had 1 window with a issue (edge peeled after 6 years). I am just concerned about life span of a dyed film, I will be keeping this car a few years.

thanks in advance

-Jon

I use both Llumar and Suntek. I have only installed the ATC since last summer. I haven't had any problems with it so far, except two of my rolls had very small red dots all over it. Llumar took them back and gave me new rolls, and paid me to redo two cars. In my opinion Llumar looks greener then Suntek does. I have done plenty of Toyota's with the ATC and it looked very good, so I would worry about using the ATC for now. So don't worry about it it will come with a lifetime warranty card. :shock

shouldnt have a problem with the atc, but that film will not cancel out the green. my lexus has the green glass as well and I put 3M CS on there. the atc wasnt out, plus I wanted better heat rejection. the 3M has more blue to it and it kind of cancelled the green out. they have a 35%. it will be more though. but I wouldnt encourage you to go away from the shop you trust. theyve done you well in the past, they should continue to do the same.

Guest sr20det

Well, I called and made an appt for tuesday. He assured me the 35% ATC will look great, he uses the charcoal color. I am pretty excited because we have wanted tint on this car since we bought it in October. I will take pics when it's done.

they say color stable but does that cover fading . With no metal to protect it will it fade easily . With atr in about 3-4 yrs when you roll down the window you can see the color difference on the covered edge that it rolls into . I would install the ATR . I have been installing ATR for 10 years and never had a complaint from a customer about interferance in the navi . ATR will only cut down on the AM signal but alot more heat rejection and proven durability .

Also if you have one of those navi fin antennas on the outside it definatly wont affect the signal . :lol2

Guest sr20det

Well, I am in Milwaukee, WI and it probably takes twice the time to fade tint up here, compared to the south. Heat rejection isn't a HUGE deal as we only have summer for about 2-3 good months and the car is silver with light gray interior. We also garage the car. I am pretty confident in my tinter and his suggestions, so I am trusting him. He has also had his shop for quite a few years and offer the lifetime warranty. Our car does not have the fin Navi antenna. Although I was told the factory Nav does have a gyro system that it uses while going thru tunnels or short areas without reception.

All previous cars were tinted with normal Llumar tint. Most in 20% or 15%.

Guest sr20det

I would have my car tinted in Formula One, but nobody in the area stocks or tints with it. I really don't need the higher heat rejection when our Annual Average Temperature is 46.1F! We only have 4 months where our AVG Temp is above 60.

I could have him get a roll but he would charge a premium for it, plus I would rather have him tint with what he handles day-in and day-out.

Archived