Finished Epoxy Floor

• Replies 22
  • Created
  • Last Reply
saaawwwwwweeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeet!!! how many sq feet was the floor, and if you dont mind me asking, what did they charge you? I feel your gonna be happy with it. epoxy is like window tinting, better left to the professionals...... argue that!!!!!

1000 sq.ft. @ $4.00 sq.ft.

I didn't want to spend that kinda money on a floor but the showroom looks good. Why not make the back look awsome. Now when a customer walks in I can show the whole store. I think it will pay off. I know top notch work is your best advertisement but a really professional looking shop doesn't hurt either. I plan on repainting the walls this weekend. I've got new shelving ordered. Sould be here any day now.

:lol I hope the $99 shop down the street doesn't run me out of business! :gasp

Guest accent
saaawwwwwweeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeet!!! how many sq feet was the floor, and if you dont mind me asking, what did they charge you? I feel your gonna be happy with it. epoxy is like window tinting, better left to the professionals...... argue that!!!!!

1000 sq.ft. @ $4.00 sq.ft.

I didn't want to spend that kinda money on a floor but the showroom looks good. Why not make the back look awsome. Now when a customer walks in I can show the whole store. I think it will pay off. I know top notch work is your best advertisement but a really professional looking shop doesn't hurt either. I plan on repainting the walls this weekend. I've got new shelving ordered. Sould be here any day now.

:chuck I hope the $99 shop down the street doesn't run me out of business! :chuck

thanks, well worth the investment!!!!!! looks killer bro!!! keep us in tune on how it holds up!

Guest scottydosnntkno

I don't know your plans for colors, but I guess I can give my advice as a 3rd year architecture/interior design dual major student.

I would do a 5' grey band to match the floor, then I believe you use llumar so a 2' llumar red band above that, and then white above that. It'll be nice and clean, but still give your shop the "pop" that you seem to be going for. Clean, and simple.

Guest Litespeeds

Beautiful looking floors but it looks really really slippery when you get it wet. Did you put down any anti-slip stuff? $4K for the floor. :chuck

I went cheap and did mine myself. Also used the anti-slip fine sand and tossed the paint chips too. Not bad if I have to say so myself. So far there are only a couple of very very small areas that lifted up because I didn't prep that area of the flooring as well. Overall I am extremely happy with my job since it only cost me less than $300 for materials. Of course it took me over 2 days to finish the job working about 6 hours per day. This wasn't the cheap epoxy stuff you buy at Home Depot. It is a 2 part mix where one of them looks like epoxy glue and the other is the grey color that you have to mix together and you have about an hour to apply this stuff before it hardens up. Bought it at Costco but can't remember the brand name. It comes with 2 gallons per kit and costs $89.99 if I remember right.

DSC_1229.jpg?t=1237233382

Im sure the customer will pay you just to have his or her car on your floor Simpson :cry . Litespeed, looks great too :twocents , might have to go your route and sweat it out, economy is makin me think twice b4 spending, even though its for the right cause.

Guest TINTEM

I did that same thing to my last shop. but I went with a teal color floor. boy was it a eye catcher. then when the shop got flooded it got jacked up started peeling so I never redone it knowing I was going to be moving to a bigger place.. then once in the new place went back to the gery color. matched the carpet better LOL Also added some sand to this one other one got to dam Slipperly, About fell on my a$$ a few time on last one

Guest scottydosnntkno
I did that same thing to my last shop. but I went with a teal color floor. boy was it a eye catcher. then when the shop got flooded it got jacked up started peeling so I never redone it knowing I was going to be moving to a bigger place.. then once in the new place went back to the gery color. matched the carpet better LOL Also added some sand to this one other one got to dam Slipperly, About fell on my a$$ a few time on last one

A lot of the shops I contract for have a cleared epoxy floor, and it is killer when it gets wet. Especially if you step on the liner, I've almost fell many a time.

Boy it does get slick when its wet. I have been running a mop over it between cars and seems to help out. I'm still gettin the bay put back together. I'll put up some pics when its finished. You don't know how much junk you have layin around untill you have to move it.

Archived