Need To Vent....UPDATED Again

• Replies 46
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest oasisglatint
Call the bank everyday, and when there is enough to pay the check, hotfoot it to the bank IMMEDIATLY !

:drevil

That's what I do with bad checks!

I still havnt got the returned check in hand....should be mailed out any day now says my bank. I definitely will try and cash it when I do and if he continues to be an azz about this. I didnt realize you could try and cash it again at his bank if you got it back...hmmm Thats why I love this site 65% juvinile bunk(keeps me coming back) and 35% great info...Thanks guys! :drevil

So I finish a job for one of the new contractors I started to work with and I Invoice him for $3000 which we previously discussed would be paid within 7 days from receipt. A week passes and I give him a call and he says he has my check in hand and I needed to sign an Occupancy Lein Waver stating I was paid and promise not to put a lein on the building so the new tenant can move in...never was required to do that before, but I was like okay no problem. So I deposit the check, 5 days later the check bounces. Hmmm.. I was not happy. I give the guy a call and he tells me that, he knows, and I was on the list to be called as a check that was given him was insufficient as well. He also says he was at the hospital lastnight due to pneumonia and was supposed to be hospitalized but since he doesnt have health insurance at the moment, he refused to be admitted. He then goes on to say that he should be feeling better by the next day and he would meet me to pay me cash. So we make plans to meet the following afternoon..." I am too sick to meet today, lets try for tomorrow morning"...This morning I get up earlier than normal to meet him before heading out to work. I get there and he Instant Messages me.."Had to turn around, too sick, I will call you later". At this point I am steaming mad. I call the guy and tell him that this is getting real old...he calls me an a**hole and says I will call you when I am better and hangs up on me. Yeah he sounds sick but, show some integrity and proffessionalism...GEEZ!!!! So what would you all do in this situation. Its been a toal of about 3 weeks since the job was completed BTW.

A) Let him recover a few days and try again.

B) Go to the job site and remove all the film

C) Go to the site and talk to the building owner/occupant

D) Put an Occupancy Lein on the building.

HE refused to be admitted or the hospital refused him? If the hospital refused him, he is lying. In the U.S., a person CANNOT be refused treatment regardless if they are insured. Hell, even the illegals are admitted. Why do you think our healthcare plans have skyrocketed?

Hopefully his bank socks him big time for returned check fees !

In fact when you get the check back, you could make copies and have them taped in variuos places in your store, he might make it good REAL QUICK so the Public doesn't see his name in a bad light.

Hopefully his bank socks him big time for returned check fees !

In fact when you get the check back, you could make copies and have them taped in variuos places in your store, he might make it good REAL QUICK so the Public doesn't see his name in a bad light.

I dont think my wife would appreciate me taping copies of his check all over the house...lol (I have a home office for FG)....But I feel your vengence..lol

Well the guy calls today out of the blue and says he will have my cash on tuesday morning, no exceptions, no excuses. I dont know if it is a coincidence or not but my wife and I committed to a 3-year monthly donation that will help out with the new construction of a larger auditorium and children's center today. and the theme of the sermon was "You reap what you sow". Hmmmm....Either way I am just glad he decided to man up. :lol

Guest tintgod
Well the guy calls today out of the blue and says he will have my cash on tuesday morning, no exceptions, no excuses. I dont know if it is a coincidence or not but my wife and I committed to a 3-year monthly donation that will help out with the new construction of a larger auditorium and children's center today. and the theme of the sermon was "You reap what you sow". Hmmmm....Either way I am just glad he decided to man up. :lol

the money isnt in your hands yet...so dont go spending it. :lol6

Archived