Need To Vent....UPDATED Again

Go to where he is, present him with revised bill including new charges for bounced check and demand immediate payment (payment being CASH.. because check or credit card is only promise to pay and not payment) or you are going to press charges for felony theft (any fraudulent payment over $750.00) AND lein the building. :lol2

I agree with that one.

• Replies 46
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest Texstar
B,C and D
B,C and D

:lol2

:dunno Cant, he already signed the waiver.

I would present the check to the district attorney like we do here and let them deal with it :lol2

Breaking his legs will probably do the trick!

or

I dont know about your laws in Ohio, but I was just reading about hot checks in Texas and it sounds like the guy committed a felony. You sold him materials and a service and he has not paid. Here apparently its not a crime to write a hot check If your paying loans. You didnt loan him $$$, so I think what he did was against the law and you should contact your local district attorney to find out more information. You should probably also go ahead with the lein and go ahead and file in small claims court. The longer you wait the worse off youll be.

or you could just do the first option. :lol2

So I finish a job for one of the new contractors I started to work with and I Invoice him for $3000 which we previously discussed would be paid within 7 days from receipt. A week passes and I give him a call and he says he has my check in hand and I needed to sign an Occupancy Lein Waver stating I was paid and promise not to put a lein on the building so the new tenant can move in...never was required to do that before, but I was like okay no problem. So I deposit the check, 5 days later the check bounces. Hmmm.. I was not happy. I give the guy a call and he tells me that, he knows, and I was on the list to be called as a check that was given him was insufficient as well. He also says he was at the hospital lastnight due to pneumonia and was supposed to be hospitalized but since he doesnt have health insurance at the moment, he refused to be admitted. He then goes on to say that he should be feeling better by the next day and he would meet me to pay me cash. So we make plans to meet the following afternoon..." I am too sick to meet today, lets try for tomorrow morning"...This morning I get up earlier than normal to meet him before heading out to work. I get there and he Instant Messages me.."Had to turn around, too sick, I will call you later". At this point I am steaming mad. I call the guy and tell him that this is getting real old...he calls me an a**hole and says I will call you when I am better and hangs up on me. Yeah he sounds sick but, show some integrity and proffessionalism...GEEZ!!!! So what would you all do in this situation. Its been a toal of about 3 weeks since the job was completed BTW.

A) Let him recover a few days and try again.

B) Go to the job site and remove all the film

C) Go to the site and talk to the building owner/occupant

D) Put an Occupancy Lein on the building.

get the small court claims going . Add on tons of sevice fee , late charges . It cost I think only $50 and can be done on line. If you collect before you lost $50 if not it wont drag on forever . I think it take 2-3 months for a case to come up .

Go get em like a pitbull CG. Your best recourse was the occupancy lien but you signed the waiver. He knows he can take his sweet time with you because of it. Kind of sounds like he knew what he was going to do because he gave himself the upper hand from the start.

I dont think his waiver I signed holds any water since 1) it wasnt signed in front of a Notary and 2) it was just a self typed up paragraph stating I would not put a lien on the building IF was Paid in full... and I did notice that the paid in full amount was higher than I billed him for...

I think I will give him a few days to recover and then go talk to the building owner and or new tenant because they paid him to have it done and using propiorated funds for other uses is a felony as well.. Hopefully I am just blowing this out of proportion and he is actually telling the truth.

In the future, dont sign :lol2 without cash or check that has already been cleared.

Never Again Brutha....Never Again

I dont think his waiver I signed holds any water since 1) it wasnt signed in front of a Notary and 2) it was just a self typed up paragraph stating I would not put a lien on the building IF was Paid in full... and I did notice that the paid in full amount was higher than I billed him for...

I think I will give him a few days to recover and then go talk to the building owner and or new tenant because they paid him to have it done and using propiorated funds for other uses is a felony as well.. Hopefully I am just blowing this out of proportion and he is actually telling the truth.

In the future, dont sign :dunno without cash or check that has already been cleared.

Never Again Brutha....Never Again

:lol2 I'd give it till monday before doing anything drastic. I also agree not to sign anything till a check clears...

with commercial, slow pays are going to happen. I would NOT remove the film. we've had people take a month or longer to pay but past that, especially with the bounced check...

give yourself a few days to get a level head and see what you need to do legally to get paid.

Archived