2003 CL 500 Help

Guest scottydosnntkno

Guest scottydosnntkno

Got my first 2003 CL 500 for a strip and retint tomorrow. The only thing I'm expecting to have problems with are the quarters. Do they just need to be tripped, and then does the top gasket just pull out? Thanks to anyone who can help me on this one.

1/4's gotta be tricked. never pulled one apart but u can get a good micro edge if u topload. the thing is with this car if u dont pull the door panels off u gotta make sure u unscrew the screws inside the vent in the door and theres a lever in there to pull the seat control module out. u dont have to disconnect it you could just lay a rag over it but if you spray down the inside of those doors ull most likely fry the seat controls if you leave em in. easy easy car tho. lots of luck

Guest scottydosnntkno
1/4's gotta be tricked. never pulled one apart but u can get a good micro edge if u topload. the thing is with this car if u dont pull the door panels off u gotta make sure u unscrew the screws inside the vent in the door and theres a lever in there to pull the seat control module out. u dont have to disconnect it you could just lay a rag over it but if you spray down the inside of those doors ull most likely fry the seat controls if you leave em in. easy easy car tho. lots of luck

So just undo the screws inside the vent on the door(should be easy to figure out) and pull on some sort of a lever and pull out the seat module? What do you mean by toploading? I've never heard that term before.

Guest scottydosnntkno
What do you mean by toploading?

I believe he just means install the film from the top first.

I was under the understanding that 'bottom-loading' is when you slide the bottom of the film in place first.

It makes sense to me, hope I didn't confuse you!

haha no you didn't. I guess I just refer to doing the top first as "normal" because its what I always do, except for quarters usually since you can do them in one piece.

Guest scottydosnntkno
I guess I just refer to doing the top first as "normal" because its what I always do, except for quarters usually since you can do them in one piece.

1/4's USUALLY in one piece?

Your roll downs don't look like this, do they Scotty???

focus-side-window.jpg

:beer:lol2

haha I Guess this is true, their always done in one piece. Its been a long day, been up since 7 for class, then worked for a while in the evening and now just finished registering for summer classes since I could start at midnight.

Guest scottydosnntkno

Ended up getting it done without any real problems. Had a pleasant surprise, but then again I don't do a lot of mercedes R/Rs so I don't know. I never knew the rear defroster was laminated in, so I just scraped away. Whole window done in less than 5 minutes. Steel wooled the top obviously by the antennas. Quarters were the biggest hard part, but nothing too crazy.

Drama-didn't end up pulling the whole panel. Couldn't figure it out. However, the seat control thing just popped out, you didnt even need to take out any screws. Custy already had pass side out since he was replacing the mirror on it.

Archived