Residential Window Advice Please

I've never done any residential windows, but I would like to do the windows where I live. They are all double pane.

Here are some of the window dimensions: (approximations, length by width)

73in x 31in

39.5in x 33in

63in x 21.5in

68in x 28in

45in x 29in

Some of those dimensions are just for half of the window as they are separated by the framing/bars, basically where the window ends and another one starts. ex. sliding windows.

I dont know what technical name they all have.

I think all the windows said they are tempered with an ANSI marking that looked like (ANSI 2971.1984)

I buy my automotive film from express window films and I was wondering how dark/reflective/ etc I can go on the windows.

I dont know much about what can cause a flat glass window to break with the tint being to dark from shade, temp, etc.

Could someone please shed some light on this subject or maybe tell me where to look, I would really appreciate that.

THANKS!!! :twocents

You need to contact your distributor to make sure the what you are putting on is (1) safe and (2) covered under warranty.... I doubt anyone on here can speak more intelligently about that than your film supplier for that product. :twocents

and if that's not good enough.. I'm sure scottydoesntknow will be along to give his opinion... :nope

You need to contact your distributor to make sure the what you are putting on is (1) safe and (2) covered under warranty.... I doubt anyone on here can speak more intelligently about that than your film supplier for that product. :twocents

and if that's not good enough.. I'm sure scottydoesntknow will be along to give his opinion... :nope

:lol

... an opinion is better then nothing.

Guest accurate

and if that's not good enough.. I'm sure scottydoesntknow will be along to give his opinion... :lol

:nope I'm sure your right................ :lol

I've never done any residential windows, but I would like to do the windows where I live. They are all double pane.

73in x 31in

39.5in x 33in

63in x 21.5in

68in x 28in

45in x 29in

Some of those dimensions are just for half of the window as they are separated by the framing/bars, basically where the window ends and another one starts. ex. sliding windows.

I think all the windows said they are tempered with an ANSI marking that looked like (ANSI 2971.1984)

I buy my automotive film from express window films and I was wondering how dark/reflective/ etc I can go on the windows.

I dont know much about what can cause a flat glass window to break with the tint being to dark from shade, temp, etc.

Could someone please shed some light on this subject or maybe tell me where to look, I would really appreciate that.

THANKS!!! :gasp

You really need to go to some training seminar with a top manufacturer.

Guest vclimber

73in x 31in

39.5in x 33in

63in x 21.5in

68in x 28in

45in x 29in

THANKS!!! :gasp

You really need to go to some training seminar with a top manufacturer.

:gasp

Guest scottydosnntkno
is this guy really smoking hiss hassh and think were gonna come on here and tell him how to tint and where to get it? geez

Well he has quite a few posts, and already says he tints cars and orders his auto film from express, so thats a lot more than just coming on here to learn how to tint.

As for those of you who think "ill be along with my opinion", at least I give a good opinion on all of the topics unlike a lot of the people on here. This board it supposed to be to help others and share your knowledge, so thats what I do.

is this guy really smoking hiss hassh and think were gonna come on here and tell him how to tint and where to get it? geez

You’re too funny :gasp ... Apparently you need to improve upon your literacy skills :gasp ... I would like for you to point out where I asked "how to tint" and "where to get it"...

I dont know what "hassh" is, but I do know what Hashish is and I have never been lucky enoug to try it.

All I'm really trying to find out is what exactly causes those thermal fractures or whatever they are called on flat glass. Something about shade and light/ different temps on the window, micro fractures in the glass, weak sealants, etc, etc.

I look at it this way, when an engineer designs a bridge they use steal rebar... do you know why? Because concrete and steel have the same thermal expansion properties and shrink/expand exactly the same under the given temperature so they do NOT cause a fracture between each other.

I am wondering if this applies to glass? If maybe the tint shrinks/expands differently from the glass because they probably both have different thermal coefficients. I have a feeling that based upon your comment you probably have no idea of what I'm talking about. So maybe someone else can point me in the right direction.

I would Google the information, but I'm not sure where to look as I am not experienced with flat glass.

Thank you everyone else for your suggestions. :lol2

Archived