MSDS for new tint?

• Replies 22
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest scottydosnntkno
I just had a moron in the shop NEEDING the MSDS for the adhesive on new film. He wants to "stay green" and not get anything toxic. I told him not to eat the tint and he would be fine.

call your rep and ask for it, not that hard? :trustme should be able to fax it to you in a couple minutes

In over 15 years of doing this, I have never had someone ask me for the MSDS for the adhesive. Slip solution, adhesive remover, glass cleaner, etc. I can understand. Maybe your rep works on Saturday, but mine doesn't. Customer wanted it NOW! They were also afraid of the "outgassing" that would be happening over the next few days while the film dried. They didn't want to drive the car. And no, I don't know what the ingredients of adhesive are. Honestly, I don't care. I don't plan on eating any.

Guest scottydosnntkno
Wow it was for a car? I've had calls like that from "Green" folks working for Leed credits and going OCD on details they didn't need.

certain things for LEED you need the msds for, and a factory resin spec sheet. that was one crazy customer to worry about off gassing from window film on his car, because he spends so much time in it :trustme man, we spend so much time on offgassing and being environmentally friendly in school, I didn't think it was something a lot of people knew about, or cared about for that matter.

Wow it was for a car? I've had calls like that from "Green" folks working for Leed credits and going OCD on details they didn't need.

certain things for LEED you need the msds for, and a factory resin spec sheet. that was one crazy customer to worry about off gassing from window film on his car, because he spends so much time in it :trustme man, we spend so much time on offgassing and being environmentally friendly in school, I didn't think it was something a lot of people knew about, or cared about for that matter.

You have got to be an engineering major... just a hunch

Guest scottydosnntkno

certain things for LEED you need the msds for, and a factory resin spec sheet. that was one crazy customer to worry about off gassing from window film on his car, because he spends so much time in it :lol2 man, we spend so much time on offgassing and being environmentally friendly in school, I didn't think it was something a lot of people knew about, or cared about for that matter.

You have got to be an engineering major... just a hunch

archie. close tho :lol man, I had too many of those beers tonight, not gonna lie :lol but hey, SigEps are greek day champs, so its all good :trustme

It is a federal law that requires you to have a MSDS for every product you use within your business. That means everything from the window film, baby shampoo to the floor cleaner you use on the shop floor.

Archived