heat gloves

I am wanting to try out these gloves that some use to shrink back glass but dont know which ones are better. I mean ive seen the true heat gloves and ive seen videos of guys using the mechanix gloves. is there a difference? or does it even matter?

• Replies 23
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest scottydosnntkno
I am wanting to try out these gloves that some use to shrink back glass but dont know which ones are better. I mean ive seen the true heat gloves and ive seen videos of guys using the mechanix gloves. is there a difference? or does it even matter?

The big difference is the "ove glove" won't melt/burn if it touches the heat gun/heat gun gets too close. Really any glove would work(hence the mechanix, etc) because just about any glove will take more heat than your fingers before it starts to hurt/burn through. Their really just because the film/glass can be too hot too touch without burning your fingers, so the glove protects it. Also, fingers have a tendency to stick to hot film which gloves do not.

Guest Texstar
If you are a glove shrinker just pick up a pack of the cheapo brown jersey gloves :bingo

The rest is just fluff

:dunno we grab the white or brown cotton ones and get after it

Guest scottydosnntkno
If you are a glove shrinker just pick up a pack of the cheapo brown jersey gloves :bingo

The rest is just fluff

:dunno we grab the white or brown cotton ones and get after it

with the ove glove you only buy it once and it lasts forever since it doesn't melt and doesn't wear out. I've had the same one for the last 5 years with no problems. Like most tools buy a good one once, rather than cheap ones a lot.

Guest Texstar
If you are a glove shrinker just pick up a pack of the cheapo brown jersey gloves :lol2

The rest is just fluff

:beer we grab the white or brown cotton ones and get after it

with the ove glove you only buy it once and it lasts forever since it doesn't melt and doesn't wear out. I've had the same one for the last 5 years with no problems. Like most tools buy a good one once, rather than cheap ones a lot.

Honestly I really dont give a phuck what you think or buy or do, I was just answering the question like you told us all to do :beer

Guest accurate
If you are a glove shrinker just pick up a pack of the cheapo brown jersey gloves :beer

The rest is just fluff

:beer we grab the white or brown cotton ones and get after it

Honestly I really dont give a phuck what you think or buy or do, I was just answering the question like you told us all to do :lol2

:lol2

Archived