need a video of installation security automotive film

Guest scottydosnntkno
a 2 mil or something similar for crash safety wouldn't be too bad, but I couldn't imagine a 4 or 8 mil. You'd definately have to pull the glass to do it. On some of the newer cars with the tight seals, the extra thickness might cause some problems also.

Scotty...... you obviously have NO idea what you are talking about here.. why don't you STFU... go google 'how to install security film' so you can become an expert. then come back when you have a clue :dunno

I've done 4 mil on FG before, and I can't see any way of tucking it into the sides and bottom of a roll up :dunno And I've had cars in the past that the resistance of the film on the gasket(namely BMWs) causes the window to go up and down slower than before the tint. Putting a thick ass 8 mil on a car would surely cause the same issues.

Sounds like an uneducated assumption to me. Or just a guess. :dunno:lol

uneducated assumption? its simple logic to think that if you put a 1.5 mil window film on a window and it causes friction, that putting a 4 or 8 mil window film on the glass would cause the same friction, or worse?

FYI Scotty.... In Australia we tint all of our Police vehicles in 4 mil and I promise you that they have NO FRICTION ISSUES OR WORSE!! In this case your logic is FLAWED.

I never said all vehicles. I specifically stated BMW's, as they notoriously have tight seals, and are usually the ones that give me problems. Australian cars are different than american cars, and I can probably make a safe bet they don't all have beamers do they?

• Replies 25
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest scottydosnntkno
BMW no different than any other car :dunno

Keep guessing scotty :dunno

so your telling me a BMW has the same looseness in the seals as a charger? Or a aspen? I know for a FACT, since I've seen it with my own eyes that the older bmws(late 90s) and some of the newer models(07+m3's, 5 series, etc) have seals that are much tighter than other cars. Most domestics you can just slide the film right under the seal, but not on a BMW.

I forget who it was, but a few weeks ago someone was saying that you can't use a white card to tuck a audi/bmw since their seals are too tight, but it works on other cars.

a 2 mil or something similar for crash safety wouldn't be too bad, but I couldn't imagine a 4 or 8 mil. You'd definately have to pull the glass to do it. On some of the newer cars with the tight seals, the extra thickness might cause some problems also.

Scotty...... you obviously have NO idea what you are talking about here.. why don't you STFU... go google 'how to install security film' so you can become an expert. then come back when you have a clue :dunno

I've done 4 mil on FG before, and I can't see any way of tucking it into the sides and bottom of a roll up :dunno And I've had cars in the past that the resistance of the film on the gasket(namely BMWs) causes the window to go up and down slower than before the tint. Putting a thick ass 8 mil on a car would surely cause the same issues.

Sounds like an uneducated assumption to me. Or just a guess. :lol:dunno

uneducated assumption? its simple logic to think that if you put a 1.5 mil window film on a window and it causes friction, that putting a 4 or 8 mil window film on the glass would cause the same friction, or worse?

FYI Scotty.... In Australia we tint all of our Police vehicles in 4 mil and I promise you that they have NO FRICTION ISSUES OR WORSE!! In this case your logic is FLAWED.

I never said all vehicles. I specifically stated BMW's, as they notoriously have tight seals, and are usually the ones that give me problems. Australian cars are different than american cars, and I can probably make a safe bet they don't all have beamers do they?

Actually Scotty, although you named BMW's you didn't restrict your assumption to that vehicle alone you presented it as a general comment. Sorry to have to burst your bubble but 80% of the cars on your market are also sold here, amazing I know, who would have thought that you could buy a Toyota, Mazda, Ford, BMW, Chrysler, Daewoo, VW etc all the way Down Under!!

A word of advice Scotty, your enthusiasm is great for the industry but there are times in our lives that it is just best to admit that we don't know :dunno

Guest scottydosnntkno

Actually Scotty, although you named BMW's you didn't restrict your assumption to that vehicle alone you presented it as a general comment. Sorry to have to burst your bubble but 80% of the cars on your market are also sold here, amazing I know, who would have thought that you could buy a Toyota, Mazda, Ford, BMW, Chrysler, Daewoo, VW etc all the way Down Under!!

A word of advice Scotty, your enthusiasm is great for the industry but there are times in our lives that it is just best to admit that we don't know :dunno

My father is partial owner of a medium sized parts supplier, and I've been around cars my whole life. I was going to be a auto engineer before the industry went kapoots. I know a thing of two about cars.

I meant the statement to be a somewhat specific statement, hence the parentheses and manny name. Of course cars are sold all around the world(however, daewoos aren't sold here, and haven't been in quite some time). the commodore and g8 are a good example of cross-continent branding(the commodore has a much better front clip though)

My father is partial owner of a medium sized parts supplier, and I've been around cars my whole life. I was going to be a auto engineer before the industry went kapoots. I know a thing of two about cars.

I meant the statement to be a somewhat specific statement, hence the parentheses and manny name. Of course cars are sold all around the world(however, daewoos aren't sold here, and haven't been in quite some time). the commodore and g8 are a good example of cross-continent branding(the commodore has a much better front clip though)

I also have been around cars my whole life, raised track side for a good part of it, hence I know a thing or two about cars also but I don't however presume to know everything. I know you will post a reply saying that you didn't say you know everything, but guess what that is the impression you project, especially when you pull hairs like saying that Daewoo is no longer sold in the US just so that you can say that you are right. The point that you apparently missed in that is the no longer.:dunno

Archived