I didn't do that.......

Guest scottydosnntkno
I have did it to a few times the worse one was my own windshield at home to lazy to get a fresh blade and it was cheap after market glass live and learn. :lol2

aftermarket glass sucks :lol on my brothers old avalanche he went through 3 windshields on it before complaining enough that insurance put a oem one from the dealer it. Each one had wavy spots in it that were right in your field of view.

That’s funny that you mentioned an avalanche as I just got a chip in the center on Saturday on my 2004.not to mad a have 100% glass coverage. And on the top corners were it is black it is getting cloudy as that did bother me. :hump and thanks for the tip on the wavy glass as I will look for that as I am a very picky person.

just stick to OEE glass(NOT safelite) and you should be fine. as for 100% glass, have you looked into upping it to a $250 deductible? I know it sucks when you have to replace one, but for our family switching our 3 main cars to that saves over $600 a year on premiums. Realistically you don't go through windshields that often. My car was bought new by my brother in 02 and its never had a new shield. It actually just had its first chip a month ago and I had it fixed the next day and you can't even tell it was there, and it was a big one(about 1.5"). I really wish I would've replaced it before we upped the insurance, since it has a lot of sandblasting and very small nicks from years of highway driving in Grand Rapids with all the trucks and sand. On a sunny day it always looks like its dirty, but its not worth $250 to me. $150 yes, but not $250

Archived