CPFilms Changes President

Guest vclimber
It's definately Karma. Davies and his cronies laid off more than half their sales force AND at the same time raised prices drastically. So, the guy who go out and bust their hump to sell the product were expendable, leaving no face for the retailer to see, BUT, they did pass on a nice lil price jack up. Seems fair to me!!!!!

YA GOT YOURS, THERE, KENT!!!!!

He'll get another job as CEO somewhere else. :beer

• Replies 29
  • Created
  • Last Reply
It's definately Karma. Davies and his cronies laid off more than half their sales force AND at the same time raised prices drastically. So, the guy who go out and bust their hump to sell the product were expendable, leaving no face for the retailer to see, BUT, they did pass on a nice lil price jack up. Seems fair to me!!!!!

YA GOT YOURS, THERE, KENT!!!!!

He'll get another job as CEO somewhere else. :beer

Those CEO types are like cats... they always land on their feet. :beer

Guest Fly Paper
Davies No Longer with CPFilms

Representatives for Solutia Inc confirm that Kent Davies, executive vice president and president of CPFilms, is no longer working for the St. Louis-based company...

Full Story

I don't know if he directly controled policy and warranty but he's an example of another corporate guy that just does not understend the value of business relationships. If he and everyone else at Solutia treated their customers with respect and professionalism instead of like some dumb ass tinters they would stop driving us away. I'll never go back to them no mater what the price or product is!

How could you ever go back?? Ya think they would sell you even one foot of film with a threatened lawsuit??? :lol:beer

CP will sell film to anybody anywhere. And the lawsuit is the result of their own misdeeds. Substituting cheap components and raise your price is not a business model that works these days. Steve Phillips took the reigns of Common wealth and Suntek has whipped their ass. Better service, product and what a supprise....they handle a warranty claim quickly and easily.

Guest STintVA
CP will sell film to anybody anywhere. And the lawsuit is the result of their own misdeeds. Substituting cheap components and raise your price is not a business model that works these days. Steve Phillips took the reigns of Common wealth and Suntek has whipped their ass. Better service, product and what a supprise....they handle a warranty claim quickly and easily.

I saw this article in the latest Window Film Magazine. Seems to address exactly what Fly Paper said...

http://www.usglassmag.com/Window_Film/BackIssues/2009/MayJune09/despitethetimes.htm

Guest vclimber
Kent was just the first step. I hear that they have been in discussion w/ Madcow to sell off the CPfilms. Lets see when this comes true!!!

:hmmm I think they'd have to be in discussions with Lintec, that's who holds the checkbook. :asshat:

Guest Fly Paper

I saw this article in the latest Window Film Magazine. Seems to address exactly what Fly Paper said...

http://www.usglassmag.com/Window_Film/BackIssues/2009/MayJune09/despitethetimes.htm

It's sooooo nice to see an ethical supplier kick the chit outta the industry stooge. My hat's off to Steve Phillips for taking on CP and to those of you that have not tried Suntek, their films are much better quality than CP and OH....they'll treat you with respect too! And the best thing about Suntek is they don't sell directly to your customers like Madcow, CP and MMM.

Guest vclimber
And the best thing about Suntek is they don't sell directly to your customers like Madcow, CP and MMM.

I respectfully disagree... check out what ST West is doing. :beer

Guest Fly Paper
And the best thing about Suntek is they don't sell directly to your customers like Madcow, CP and MMM.

I respectfully disagree... check out what ST West is doing. :lol2

I'm not aware of naughty activity so fill me on the details

Archived