First commercial Low E Job

I have done tons of automotive tinting but not much flat glass. I am currently bidding and insurance store (my own) to tint the lobby. Its 6 windows all square and about 72 square feet. The first Low E glass I have done.

I am just double checking with some OG's if a Suntek IDS bronze 35 would be safe. I talked to the guy that installed the windows in the building, and he said the low e coating is usually on the inside of the outside glass. But I am more concerned with just a worse case senario. I want to use the safest film. The owner of the building likes the bronze look and probably wants to stick with it. With that being said the bronze 35% from suntek is my only safest choice.

The windows are south facing and see mostly sun. I dont think there is a tree in the way.

SO would Suntek IDS Bronze 35% be a good choice for this job.

Thanks for the help and sorry for a noob question.

Guest STintVA

Looks like you're more than safe, according to their FTG Guidelines. The only thing would be, like micro-edge said, if EACH window is 72 sq ft then you'll need to go lighter.

Archived