how do you order your films

You know that economy is slow and before I used to order full rolls of film even when I had a small jobs, last year I got stuck with a lot of films because of the bad weather (no summer here is in Canada last year)

Actually I decide to order by demand that means if a customer have job of 75 Sq I order for 36x 25' and do the job.

But the problem is that the distributor charge 15% more for 1/4 of roll and 10% more for 1/2

Recently at different times this week I place 4 orders of the same film and finally end up with 60% more of the regular price. I do not want convince a customer to choose only the film I have as left over.

How do you guys handle that? those small job orders?

My distributor is local so I couldn't imagine "ordering" film and then waiting for it, but I have on occasion bought just 20ft of something, but typically I do it for samples, or for a film I rarely sell. Its always nice selling a job that you already have enough film for, b/c you are just putting that money into the bank...of course until you need that film again.

If you already know the answer... why ask the question ??

You already stated by doing the stupid thing you are doing material cost has gone up 10 - 60%

Have your prices gone up 10 - 60% ???

smart azz :poop

Guest scottydosnntkno

I use JWF's precut program. You go on their website and input the sizes of each window into the order form then they cut it, roll and label it and ship it to you. You only pay for the film you use, and it comes precut about 1" oversize all around. It costs ~$.20-30 more per sq/ft depending on the line

I wish they were in 200' rolls instead of 100' rolls.

The way I look at it, if you are in this business, you are in this business. There is absolutely no reason to buy partial rolls unless it is a product rarely used

Guest pmuzik
I wish they were in 200' rolls instead of 100' rolls.

The way I look at it, if you are in this business, you are in this business. There is absolutely no reason to buy partial rolls unless it is a product rarely used

:dunno and we can all see what "just in time delivery " did for Chrysler and GM :scotty

Archived