how do you order your films

Guest vclimber
I wish they were in 200' rolls instead of 100' rolls.

The way I look at it, if you are in this business, you are in this business. There is absolutely no reason to buy partial rolls unless it is a product rarely used

:dunno Go big or go home. :scotty

The way I look at it, if you are in this business, you are in this business. There is absolutely no reason to buy partial rolls unless it is a product rarely used

This will be the way to go!!

You say you dont want to convince a customer to use what 'film you have left over"?? Learn to stock a certain number of films ( IE. 35% and 50 % neutral nr, a silver 20%, a bronze 20 or 35, and a frost film.) Any other films a customer wishes to use, and I would only offer so many, there is an up charge for special order. Remember, YOU are the professional, the customer will trust your advice and recommendations.

Guest scottydosnntkno
You say you dont want to convince a customer to use what 'film you have left over"?? Learn to stock a certain number of films ( IE. 35% and 50 % neutral nr, a silver 20%, a bronze 20 or 35, and a frost film.) Any other films a customer wishes to use, and I would only offer so many, there is an up charge for special order. Remember, YOU are the professional, the customer will trust your advice and recommendations.

:scotty

I use JWF's precut program. You go on their website and input the sizes of each window into the order form then they cut it, roll and label it and ship it to you. You only pay for the film you use, and it comes precut about 1" oversize all around. It costs ~$.20-30 more per sq/ft depending on the line

that is good to know :scotty

:scotty get it right

well said

JWF pre-cut here too....I used to order by the roll, but there is simply not the demand nor have I really tried to create the demand for more than a couple hundred square feet at a time here....

I would rather spend the 10 cents a square foot to get it cut. Get to pick from many widths and time saved from cutting more than makes up for the money spent on the cut charge.

I had a roll of film and pre-cut my own and spent more than an hour to cut the film for the job. I am sure it was only about 100 ft2 and so for an hour of my time or $10 or less from Johnson?? I will take the $10 bucks....charge it to the customer in the cost if need be.

Guest teamfutaba

This will be the way to go!!

lots of export grade comes in 200' rolls. 3M has bledded us with 50' rolls of NV and PR... the canadian guy need's to learn to haggle over price like our custys are doing to us. tell your distributor no cut charges or you will look else where. I dont know your buying power but my guess is they dont want to loose a sale either.

Archived