two years!

Well, as I logged in today I noticed that its been about two years since last I was on. Damn! Well first off its good to be back. Took over a Shop Foreman position at a custom granite shop a couple years back and been busy with it..Still tinting cars on the side out of my garage, when I have tint and extra time. Gotta love hand cutting really makes you appreciate some things a little more...

Anyways here is why I am back. I have been putting together a business model for a tint shop planned on opening before next summer. Going to run the shop solo until well I need more help. At the granite shop ive been running a Granite CNC machine. Doing 99 percent of all the cad programing and actual machining. So im going to buy a plotter very first thing later this summer..

Now ive read the post and been reading up about everything I can find. Ive narrowed it down to computer cut for the tint side. Now as far as vinyl goes I want some hard core programing software. What profressional grade software out their are people really getting into to do high end production pieces.. Anyways im just curious to hear from some of you. Ive seen some really cool stuff thats been laid down lately. Very nice.

As far as plotters....Damn its like compairing a NIKE, to ADIDAS, to PUMA...I mean really what out their thats going to give me killer detail in both vinyl and window film..

thanks..

Nate,

www.awstoneworks.com

Great to see ya back :spit My advice is keep the shop small, keep all the money and be in control of your quality without the hassle of dealing with employees :spit The best advice I have had in a few came from the owner of a big local dealership chain. He said "inspect what you expect". My tinters don't much like it but quality has been WAY up since the day I took the advice!

Archived