2006 Chevy Corvette Hints?

Guest tintpro2007

Guest tintpro2007

Got a 2006 chevy corvette to do at work tomorrow, never done one of these back glass, done the side windows, but not the back glass, the other tinter which has about 8+ yrs. experience vs. my 2+ is out with back problems. I did a camaro back glass the other week, took me ahwile to get it but I got it in the end. Anyways, any tips on the shrinking process? I use bounce for the shrinking process (dry shrink). Thanks for any help.

Guest total-eclipse
Got a 2006 chevy corvette to do at work tomorrow, never done one of these back glass, done the side windows, but not the back glass, the other tinter which has about 8+ yrs. experience vs. my 2+ is out with back problems. I did a camaro back glass the other week, took me ahwile to get it but I got it in the end. Anyways, any tips on the shrinking process? I use bounce for the shrinking process (dry shrink). Thanks for any help.

You can do anything if you try hard enough!!!

And if not keep the number to someone who can close :beer

Sorry all I can do is offer support....never did one :(

Good luck and the bright side is even if you have to try 5 times u will know how to do it from now on

Guest mikeMN

look in car section you will see one there on this car

Guest Sunlimited

They really aren't that bad, I think where peopl get screwed up is not shrinking the film up and down, its very easy to take that to one side or the other just because of the way the glass is...

Guest tintpro2007

Hey guys just wanted to update yall, the car ended up rescheduling, so I have it to do tomorrow... Hopefully it will go well =]

Guest tintpro2007

Sooo the corvette finally came, but it wasn't a hatch like I had thought, it was a convertible instead. But the back glass still wasn't the easiest but not the hardest, extremely easy to shrink, just had to take time on cutting it so there was no lite leak around it, since it was borderless... Turned out AMAZING though =] Customer very happy.. ATR 20% let me know what you guys think.

Corvette2.jpg

Corvette3.jpg

Corvette4.jpg

Corvette5.jpg

Corvette6.jpg

Corvette.jpg

Guest tintpro2007
Good stuff bro. Now you can just stress out later when a coupe comes in. Haha

Don't be scared, its not as bad as it seems

Haha thanks man, appreciate the congrats :twocents

I think I should be able to do the coupe since I did a camaro a couple weeks ago and that back glass was a b***h

Archived