Computer help?

Guest tark101

did you clear your History, Temporary Internet Files, Cookies and Temp files? I've seen problems disappear after cleaning these out and rebooting.

also,if that doesnt work, do you have a firewall setup, or a router?

You can disable your firewall or skip the router (just to see if thats the problem)

• Replies 25
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I fixed it...How, I don't have the slightest idea, went in to the firewall, clicked a bunch of stuff, cleared history, cookies etc. which I do regularly anyhow, and the freakin thing works now...I think it was when I dropped my head on the keyboard in disgust...That or just taking both hands and pushing all keys on the keyboard...That usually works...:lol6

Guest pmuzik

I have found when after downloading some windows security patches it changed my security settings somewhat but I'm still running win 98. If you have automatic updates enabled it might have slipped one by ya I agree with tark too about clearing all the temp garbage out might clear it up. I also have to reset my modem once in a while, just some thoughts there OT. good luck and I hope you don't have to call the tech weenies

Yeah, I bet it was one of the security patches that messed things up, they're always asking if I want to download those damn things, and I do...Messed up my firewall I think...Oh well, if it happens again, I still won't know what to do...:lol6

Archived