Gaps in tintjob...refund or redo? Help please

Guest permanentjaun

Guest Sprinter

yes get us the pics, sounds like they could of did a better job on the cuts on the 1/4's. they could of cut the inside rubbers out a bit and had no light gaps. older cars pose the other problems like were mentioned here, and to spend time on an older car makes my price go up.

two weeks ago tinted a 72 buick convertible thick glass and scratches all over the glass this one was in very good shape hadn't been washed in a week and not vacuumed in a month.

Guest Litespeeds

Hey Matt,

Sounds like the tint shop that you went to is not that experienced. Shouldn't have taken that long to tint your car. It is true that older cars are alot harder to tint than newer ones. Most customers do not want their rubber around the windows trimmed and that makes it very, very difficult to tint without any light gaps. For the fixed quarter glass, if the tinter could not get it perfect, he should either use a opaque film marker to color in the light gap or use a little black silicone to fill it in. As for the roll up windows, all good tinters should be able to tint the window without any light gaps when the window is up. Some rollup windows are next to impossible to get the film inside the edges and might see a small gap when you start rolling the window down. Again, it all depends upon the tinters abilities. I am not sure how your car looks like but if the glass is flat as you say, the tint job should have been done within 2 hours by an experienced tinter.

I would bring the car back to them and ask them to look at it and see what they can do for you. Just be nice about it and most people will reciprocate the gesture. Ask them what they can do to fix the problems and let us know. Good luck!

Archived