Tint Wizards Film Star

Dan Reid had one and a few other tinters in Socal have mentioned them to me.. I've heard you can crank flat glass without a helper with these things. Never seen in action but everyone who has vouched for it has been a serious tinter who likes to work fast and alone.

Guest absolutetinting

it was created by jeff spehar tint wizzard remember the the clear squeegy spehar feels like a clear max. anyways its out dated. great when many flat glass film had ps adhesive. I like the film handler mounted on a ladder. :twocents

larry, whats up with dan the man reid? hows he doing?

Guest VOLTRON

I think the fastest is either precut the film the day before or cut out of the box on the floor. The film handler is nice and I have one but it takes longer to use that then it doesn cutting out of the box. I put an aluminum channel on the edge of the box and I get a strait cut off the box. I try and always use factory top and cut three sides and the cut off the box with the aluminum channel gives me a strait cut.

Guest VOLTRON

I did a job last week it was 1400sf and some change. I took the film handler and used it for the job and in my estimation it takes alot longer to use the handler then cutting out of the box with the aluminum channel. Especially when the peices of film are longer then the ladder and then you have to roll them backwwards or take them off of the handler and flip em. I will only use the handler on large jobs that I will be there for a week or longer but for everyday stuff just cut outta the box or precut the day before.

Guest absolutetinting
larry, whats up with dan the man reid? hows he doing?

Dan is jammin along as always, he used to be active on here but no longer. I can shoot you his # if you want to catch up :bingo

is it the same as reid custom glass in oside. :twocents

Archived