possible expansion of Best Buy

If you saw the post a couple months ago about one of the best buy shops then you know in the local market in Oklahoma City 1 best buy was offering window film. I get an email from a buddy of mine that passes 3 best buys on the way to work and he said 2 of them were offering $99 tint any car or truck. I am going to go out later today and confirm this and see what they are up to and what not. It should be a fun day.

Quick addition... I checked the website and nationally they are not offering tint in their installation section. So this is probably just a local thing. I have seen several long term shops in the area around here with very similar pricing.

Guest absolutetinting
Bray was working with them on a version 2.0 of his preformed film but don't know if that is the deal. :rollin

so they're using madicow, huh.

Just a quick note. I was too busy today and did not make it to any of them to check it out. I thought I would have time.

I really don't have a strong opinion one way or the other. Hopefully they do good quality work and are a good image for window tinting. However, I have my reservations (see my other thread from my first visit to one of them a few months ago) and now they are low balling price just as I see mentioned on here from perceived hack shops all over the country. I don't know if it's good, bad, or indifferent. I still want to check it out for whatever it is. I know the one shop I have been to was doing one of the lines of global at the time. I think either QD or QDP but all info was for HP. I have no issues with any of the global lines just the fact the advertised stuff was not what they were using. I think they fixed the things I mentioned from before so that is probably a dead horse.

They are not consistent in what they use. The 2 that I have stopped by one uses global and the other LLumar. No-one was available at the store I stopped by only a display. So I don't have any info other than it must be independent tinters at each BB. If it was store driven I would imagine the same brand would be available at different stores. Interesting to say the least.

Guest Hondabuff

The installers at Best Buy are allowed to tint but by no means all stores do it. Some of the installers came from tint shops and install Remote starts and stereos now. I was a install sup for them for 10yrs and used to install tint for many years. We were using SolarGard HP 35% and 50%. It was mainly for employees and a select few customers. I also lifted my jeep and lowered a few of my cars in the bay. We have a custom sku that we can ring it out under as any price we wanted. Our DM shot the idea due to PA laws and having the "lifetime workmanship warranty" and no waranty on the tint. Best Buy is also testing out auto detailing in our Pittsburgh market. My bay was setup better then all the tint shops in the area. When I left to go to the Home theater side,,,,so did the tinting.. Other markets are allowed do as they want as long as they are being profitable. Best Buy did $40 billion last year and if the Top Brass felt Tinting would be profitable, they would go full bore into it with company trainings and outfitting each bay..I think the Local biz is safe.

Archived