Door vents, whats your technique?

I use a peice of liner to cut the pattern. u can see through it, its alot softer and gets all into the corners, and it doesnt matter if u creaee the liner when cutting into the corners. then I take the tint and lay 2 peices together but facing opposite ways, "example...line to liner." Place the liner on top the tint, and double cut the vent with the pattern. works every time and is always perfect.

or highlight the vents, and click on CUT.

:gasp:spit

I use a peice of liner to cut the pattern. u can see through it, its alot softer and gets all into the corners, and it doesnt matter if u creaee the liner when cutting into the corners. then I take the tint and lay 2 peices together but facing opposite ways, "example...line to liner." Place the liner on top the tint, and double cut the vent with the pattern. works every time and is always perfect.

or highlight the vents, and click on CUT.

Good tip snappy, I vote it for tip of the week! :twocents

lay 2 peices together but facing opposite ways, "example...line to liner."

:dunno I do the same, with one exception. I lay the piece's together, film to film. That way the liner is facing out on both side's.....zero chance of scratching the film with squeegee, blue max, or whatever Your laying it on your peel board with. Also no chance of a dirt spec sticking to the bottom side of the film. :twocents

I also found that after cleaning the glass/seals/edges really, really well (usually do it twice quickly just to make sure), I don't spray and wet the glass. I just wet the piece of film and then put it on. No dirt or anything runs down then that you might've missed... seems to always come out cleaner for me that way.

Archived