Sweating residential??

I finally am getting around to stripping the rest of the film on my house. I did the back half when I moved in. I cracked one window from putting too much pressure on it with a 6 inch scraper. The glass is super think crap. So I got to the front windows and they are on there good. Won't come off in one piece. Only option is to scrape away. Can I sweat them a little bit? I don't think the film is CDF. Probably 10 year old garbage. I just don't want to break another glass. I had to push pretty hard to get the film off with the scraper

Guest filmslayer

I have done it several times when time is not an issue , it will soften it and make it and make it easier to scrape ....

Thanks guys. I did switch out the 6 inch cuz I knew it was too much. I tried just single blades and it wasn't fun. Especially when I have 56 french panes. I hate that shizz. Thats why I have been waiting so long to do it. I have family coming in to town though so I am gettin the house in order. I'll sweat it tomorrow if the sun comes out. Man the rain is ridiculous, pool overflowed

Guest Breezy

Dual panel glass has an air tight gasket seal inbetween the 2 panels of glass. If you install film that absorbs to much heat the internal chamber expands to the point where 1 of 2 things happen. 1 the glass breaks. 2 the gasket will pop and the internal chamber fills up with moister, it never drys out. I think ace tinter is thinking the steamer will pop the gasket and fill the chamber with moister... Am I Right Ace?

Archived