Sweating residential??

Guest acetinter

yes your right Breezy, you really dont want your duel pain windows to loose that seal because moisture and condensation will gather between the pains and that looks real bad. It also greatly reduces the windows insulation properties the whole reason for it having two pains.

Guest filmslayer

just use old liner , it's clear and will not absorb no more heat than the film it's self ,the point of sweating is to keep the moisture on the film not necessarily to add heat ,though it does help ...

Guest bg@solarol.ca

I've also once cracked a thin glass during removal. Besides for soaking the adhesive for a 10-20 min., don't be persistant about getting it all off in one scrape. Also, always start the scraping (that's when you're applying most of the pressure) motion from the edges. btw, I use my 6" scraper for everything, as long as it fits.

Guest acetinter

why use a liner at all if you dont need heat? why dont you just wet it and keep it wet?? The window will increase its heat for a fact just try on one pain and feel the diiference. If it doesnt get hotter than the dry window Ill be a monkeys uncle. If those windows are that old and duel pain good luck. the best way is small very sharp blades with a good handle, keep changing blades often. first try to scrape it dry and see if that will work better than wet. all those chemicals work great for the glue but the film is the problem. I like the Titan scraper found at most auto parts stores that you screw a 1 inch blade on to. not the red handled ones that are spring loaded"they break fast".

The whole principle behind sweating the film off is heating up the glue to what I call the goldylocks zone , just under 212 degrees when you see the water between the film and the linner or trash bag start to evaporate. If the film doesnt warm up you wasting your time.

Archived