Warranty questions

Do you hand out completed warranty cards?  

44 members have voted

1. 1. Do you tell a customer !llegal tint carries no manufacturer's warranty?

• NO !llegal NO !llegal STOP DOING !llegal AHHHH!!!!!
    • Yes, with no warranty from me
    • Yes and I cover workmanship
    • Nope
    • Sheet jiggra all I slang is dem lifetime papa's even autozone tintz
  2. 2. A customer comes in bad film how do you handle a warranty

• Inspect, verify and warranty no questions asked
    • Same as above with a receipt and warranty card
    • No paperwork no tint for you!
    • I'm mobile sucka I just hit ignore!
  3. 3. Do you hand out warranty cards?

• All the time with everything including roll numbers
    • If they ask for it
    • Usually but I forget sometimes
    • Not very often if ever
    • never
    • Dis jiggra jus writes lifetime on the back of my homemade bidness card

manny warranties are a pita to work around. its hard to get what its worth to you to do the work. plus, not too many people keep thier cars for more than 3-5 years around here anyway. rule of thumb for me, if we did it, and the film failed, to make it easy for me to think about how much it should cost, I charge them 1/2 of what it would normally charge to r/r normal job thats not warrantied. so instead of lets say $300 to r/r, it would cost you only $150 and thats not bad enough for someone to get all worked up about. Yes I tell the customer that all film companies claim to carry a lifetime warranty, but none will last forever. just like the paint on your car. do you think that you can get a free paint job after its been faded for sitting out in the sun, no, and your gonna pay at least $1500 to get it redone back to normal at a good shop. well, when the tint does fade, which they all eventually do, come back and its not gonna cost you but half than normal if you bring me back the business.

lifetime warranty is something that I would be worried about if it were something that cost me thousands. but for a $200 tint job? nothing last a lifetime. just be honest with them.

I just dont see how filling out a warranty is a big deal. I have a card to fill out, and a door jam sticker. If there is ever a problem I know I can send the info. in to my manny and get a credit for the original price of the install. I dont get paid for removal but the prices I charge make it well worth the time to replace under warranty. There was a tint shop at my location before we opened and I see people all the time coming in with an invoice that says "lifetime warranty on the bottom". No lot#, manny, nothing. They always want to find the guy but I tell them to get in line behind the debt collectors and good luck. At least with a manny warranty they could be taken care of by someone and not feel betrayed by the industry. We all know a lot of consumers think tint is tint.

• Replies 30
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest thatsnappyguy
manny warranties are a pita to work around. its hard to get what its worth to you to do the work. plus, not too many people keep thier cars for more than 3-5 years around here anyway. rule of thumb for me, if we did it, and the film failed, to make it easy for me to think about how much it should cost, I charge them 1/2 of what it would normally charge to r/r normal job thats not warrantied. so instead of lets say $300 to r/r, it would cost you only $150 and thats not bad enough for someone to get all worked up about. Yes I tell the customer that all film companies claim to carry a lifetime warranty, but none will last forever. just like the paint on your car. do you think that you can get a free paint job after its been faded for sitting out in the sun, no, and your gonna pay at least $1500 to get it redone back to normal at a good shop. well, when the tint does fade, which they all eventually do, come back and its not gonna cost you but half than normal if you bring me back the business.

lifetime warranty is something that I would be worried about if it were something that cost me thousands. but for a $200 tint job? nothing last a lifetime. just be honest with them.

I just dont see how filling out a warranty is a big deal. I have a card to fill out, and a door jam sticker. If there is ever a problem I know I can send the info. in to my manny and get a credit for the original price of the install. I dont get paid for removal but the prices I charge make it well worth the time to replace under warranty. There was a tint shop at my location before we opened and I see people all the time coming in with an invoice that says "lifetime warranty on the bottom". No lot#, manny, nothing. They always want to find the guy but I tell them to get in line behind the debt collectors and good luck. At least with a manny warranty they could be taken care of by someone and not feel betrayed by the industry. We all know a lot of consumers think tint is tint.

well this shop has been here for 16 years. and just like you said, you dont get paid for removal of film anyway. I dont know...I guess im just lazy. oh well.

You'd be surprised what taking an hour to complete a few warranties can get you. I honsetly tell dealers to give me warranties I dont want them paying out of pocket to handle legitimate warranties that aint right. Get a nice credit on a film purchase.

Get a nice credit on a film purchase.

:beer Credit on the same :lol that came back........... blink.png

There are always options, every manny has had film failures we all know the lifetime game, you arent req to take on the same film you used on the car, shoot just use it for tools or Anti Graffiti film. There are options.

Its better than taking a loss on a r&r isnt it?

Guest thatsnappyguy

or do it for cash the customer.

I have had nothin but problems when it came down to actually getting paid from the manny. and that was with llumar

Archived