Carbon

I would love to get into ppf and vinyl for that little extra income. How hard is to do without a plotter? Or is it impossible without one? lol

You want to make sure you REALLY understand laying down film before you get into any of that. It's great to have ambitions, and the more you learn the better you'll do, but learn one at a time, it'll all come to you. One day it was like a switch for me, someone turned the switch on, and "I got it", you'll know when it's time to venture off into ppf or wraps, until then practice practice, practice, otherwise a sub par install will make the industry look bad as a whole...

Understand that completely. I think I would have to move to a bigger town to actually have a steady amout of PPF customers. There just simply isnt enough high end cars in my town. Plenty of nice cars but nothing that anybody wants to drop a grand on a car with the way the economy is right now.

I checked out info about steamer :lol I'll made it by myself :beer

How you dry edges of the film, when you apply it wet?

After you squeegie the water out from the center to the edge, it will begin to stick better as it air dries or that would be a good place for your heatgun on a lower setting just to get the adhesive to stick...

I used about 1/3 more soap than I do for tinting and I added a bit of alcohol to help the water evaporate faster...:thumb

Guest drew675

I know this is an old topic but just go to your local home depot rona lowes whatever and get a wallpaper remover steamer. I prefer it over the one my supplier tried to sell to me. the model I use is a wagner 705 power steamer

Archived