Johnson Window Films

• Replies 29
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Nope, it was the SP line. Was told it was their top of the line w/ a lifetime warranty.

I even had it on my wife's car, rear glass started getting fuzzy then totally distorted. Over the years I've had several cars to come back to get their windows redone because of the distortion.

I never used the Rayguard because they (JWF) didn't offer a longer warranty on it.

Nothing against JWF, but I no longer trust their tint to hold up & I'm in North Georgia, not Texas or Fla. were you would expect the heat to bake the best of films...

Nope, it was the SP line. Was told it was their top of the line w/ a lifetime warranty.

I even had it on my wife's car, rear glass started getting fuzzy then totally distorted. Over the years I've had several cars to come back to get their windows redone because of the distortion.

I never used the Rayguard because they (JWF) didn't offer a longer warranty on it.

Nothing against JWF, but I no longer trust their tint to hold up & I'm in North Georgia, not Texas or Fla. were you would expect the heat to bake the best of films...

How long ago was that?

I have seen SP fail in 5 or 6 years out here in the hotter climate but I have cars that were done in Greystone that long ago and they still look great. I would expect marathon to perform similar to Greystone.

I was wondering how many people have used Marathon and how it is to work with ..

Guest Drummmer69
I have seen SP fail in 5 or 6 years out here in the hotter climate but I have cars that were done in Greystone that long ago and they still look great. I would expect marathon to perform similar to Greystone.

I was wondering how many people have used Marathon and how it is to work with ..

I use the marathon, so far so good. I did a cherokee last week and it doesnt match 100% to the rears has a blueish hue to it. But oh well it looks great.

So Greystone has been out that long? Really? I remember it hitting this area about 4 years ago (or at least that's when I found it).

If it lasts in So. Cali that long it will last FOREVER in Indiana. :nope

Adhesive failure and distortion is my big concern

So Greystone has been out that long? Really? I remember it hitting this area about 4 years ago (or at least that's when I found it).

If it lasts in So. Cali that long it will last FOREVER in Indiana. :nope

Adhesive failure and distortion is my big concern

:dunno It WOULD probably last forever out there. If I remember correctly it was late 04 early 05 when I got my first sample of Greystone so it is going on the 5-6 years mark. A friend of mine has a 04 Prius that I did in 10% and 50% when it was new and it still looks awesome. I havent metered it but it still looks as dark as 10 and 50 should :lol No real problems with distortion compared to SP. I have seen the haziness with SP but haven't had that issue with GSN and have never had any serious adhesive issues with either SP or GSN. To me GSN has proven itself and I hope MN will follow in the same direction.

No real problems with distortion compared to SP. I have seen the haziness with SP but haven't had that issue with GSN and have never had any serious adhesive issues with either SP or GSN. To me GSN has proven itself and I hope MN will follow in the same direction.

Good to know thanks. :DD

Archived