The Winter

This has been the slowest summer I have ever had...I was busier my first year when I couldn't tint worth a chit...Usually I could work all day and night till I couldn't see straight anymore, now when I give ppl the same price as 5 years ago they go silent on the phone for a few seconds then say...ok thank you...WTF??? :dunno Im not going to hizzo myself out as I feel ppl are getting a really good price already, I just won't tint it, haha.. On the other hand my buddy on the PA/NY border says he has more work than he can do and is pissed cause he never gets time for himself :coffee

That's it! I'm movin' to NY/PA border lol2.gif

• Replies 35
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest acetinter

I think this winter is going to be better than last, at least some people are over the shell shock of the bad economy hype. I think its mostly hype. yes many people are jobless and struggling but we all really need to stop buying in to this negitive attitude. Diversify, adapt, work harder, save more spend less. I install Christmas lights for 6 to 8 weeks and make well over a hundred an hour. and a buddy of mine delivers pizza at night in the winter to pull through. he makes decant tips

man, let me throw my two turds in this pot,

First, no one is ever ready to take a pay cut. when I had my shop in florida, it didnt matter how much or little I made after the bills, employees, and what lil was left to pay myself there wasnt much left.

Lets face it, were in a recession. yes there is work to be had, no doubt. you got to hustle it and be more than creative with your pricing.

The shop I just got let go from ( new owner bought it three months ago, hired me to take the role in the shop of the old owner who was the only 12v installer and tinter, along with two other tinters) decided after summer I wasnt needed due to 75% of his work now only being dealer, he couldnt afford me anymore. Was gonna pay the old owner cash to install security remote start by appt only. I turned down another secure full time job to take this one due to the 10 min vs 30 minute commute. If I knew I was just to pull weeds for these good ole boys till the first cold front I would have took the other position.

Non the less, Iam not use to this mid west weather, I am from The Sunshine state where a cold day was 35 degrees and tint was still desired year round......Man I got to get back home!!!

I talked to Tommy with performance for about 45 min the other day and he says its been devastatingly slow this year for everyone.

Were all on this sinking ship guys,we just got to bail until the bilge pump kicks on!!!!

Here comes the winter and I am not done digging out of the hole I made for myself last winter. I hope I will make it but the economy may have other ideas.

Are you guys ready for it? I know I'm not. :dunno

You should be more worried about the orlando magic kicking the pacers ass . Go Magic !!!! :D

Guest tintdude82
...you should know to put away money for the winter....Im ready... Of course I do have my wifes income to help.

I put money back every year. The problem this year is it took me this long to dig out of the hole I dug myself into last winter when things went into the toilet. Now I get to start digging again.

Oh, and my wife does not work, so it's all on me to provide.

it's not because they forgot to save..

:dunno

well put her on the stripper pole :D jk

Archived